i was in a white dimension

General discussion of issues related to Theravada Meditation, e.g. meditation postures, developing a regular sitting practice, skillfully relating to difficulties and hindrances, etc.
lotus flower

i was in a white dimension

Post by lotus flower » Sun May 10, 2015 7:14 am

Helo everybody. i don't really know where i should open this topic. At the past i practiced lucid dreaming, i was interested in astral traveling, and i practiced samatha meditation but very few at that time. Later i didn't created lucid dreams and i didn't tried create any out of body experience... i started practice buddhism. But sometimes i am very mindful while i dreaming. Lucid dreams gives ability to control your dreams and you can feel the dream like the reality. i learnt some techniques from the internet about how to create lucid dreams.

in the past one of my intentional lucid dreams was very interesting. I tell you, in this time when it happened i knew only few about buddhism and meditation, and i didn't heard about devas. I was in deep relaxation and i focused on the images which later came to my mind. my body became hard and very relaxed and the dreaming started. If i remember right,first i dreamed something ordinary. But the ordinary dream became interesting. I fallened into a white endless dimension where there was endless peace and joy. That was the best feeling in my life. I just stay in this white light. I had no body. i felt myself like a ghost, only a spirit.... i felt nothing dirty in this world. i felt only peace. sometimes i saw some white auras - white ghosts without faces. They were very peaceful, their spirit were very calm. The white place was the same feeling.

Later i slowly opened my eyes and moved the body .i felt i spent a many hours on the place but actually no.

The most interesting thing is later i started practice samatha and vipassana meditation serious but i didn't felt such deep peace, i didn't felt the same peace. Of course i felt so much bliss and my breathing became so deep but it wasn't the same peace. But later, when i attained a state where nimitta appeared i felt the same peace which i experienced in the white dimension.

Really. This is the same feeling . This is the same peace. Whenever the sign (nimitta) appears in my breathing meditation the sign absorpt my mind and i keep the sign for some minutes. I didn't attained jhana yet. But i can meditate deep.

Can be a deva place that white dimension? Or what is that place? Sometimes i really feel that i miss that place.... And i have an interesting thought: a part of my mind/a part of my spirit stay on that white dimension in every seconds.

i didn't readed about deva places only a few in some suttas. i didn't found any sutta or teaching from a teacher about deva worlds. But honestly, i didn't tried search.... Anybody who knows about deva worlds?

Thank you for the help. With much metta
We found the teaching of the Buddha. Be grateful for it... We can meditate... Be grateful for it... We know that this universe is the samsara. Be grateful for it... We have THE CHANCE TO ATTAIN NIBBANA. Be grateful for it... :buddha1: :buddha2:

EmptyShadow

Re: i was in a white dimension

Post by EmptyShadow » Mon May 11, 2015 2:53 pm

Hi,
this white "dimension" sound a lot like fully developed white kasina.
As you say it was a lucid dream. Is it possible that the idea of a real place with other beings in it could be just an interpretation of your mind while dreaming and not an actual deva world?

About the white kasina here's an excerpt from Pa Auk Sayadaw's book "Know & See"
http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/know-see.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When the first expanded nimitta has become stable,
you should repeat the process, that is, again determine
to expand it by a few inches. This way you can expand
the nimitta in stages, until it is one yard in size, then two
yards, and so on. Do this until it extends in all ten direc-
tions around you, without limit, and so that wherever
you look, you see only white. Do it till you see not even
a trace of materiality, whether internal or external. If you
developed the white kasina in a past life, during this or
a previous Buddha’s dispensation, that is, if you have
white kasina pàrami, then you will not need to expand
the pañibhàga-nimitta, because as you concentrate on it,
it will automatically expand in all ten directions.
Considering this lucid dream and that you see your anapanasati nimitta as white or blue(as you said in other topic) i think it's possible that you may have some kasina parami from previous lives. :smile:

lotus flower

Re: i was in a white dimension

Post by lotus flower » Wed May 13, 2015 11:13 am

Thank you Empty Shadow.
We found the teaching of the Buddha. Be grateful for it... We can meditate... Be grateful for it... We know that this universe is the samsara. Be grateful for it... We have THE CHANCE TO ATTAIN NIBBANA. Be grateful for it... :buddha1: :buddha2: