masturbation what's wrong?

Some topics tend to get heated and go off track in unwholesome ways quite quickly. The "hot topics" sub-forum is a place where such topics may be moved so that each post must be manually approved by moderator before it will become visible to members.
Coëmgenu

Re: masturbation what's wrong?

Post by Coëmgenu » Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:54 pm

Why is "masturbation what's wrong?" in "Connections to Other Paths"?

I suppose some people masturbate religiously. I guess it can be considered an "Other Path".
世尊在靈山會上拈華示眾眾皆默然唯迦葉破顏微笑世尊云
The Lord dwelt at the Vulture Peak with the assembly and plucked a flower as a teaching. The myriad totality were silent, save for Kāśyapa, whose face cracked in a faint smile. The Lord spoke.
吾有正法眼藏涅槃妙心實相無相微妙法門不立文字教外別傳付囑摩訶迦葉。
I have the treasure of the true dharma eye, I have nirvāṇa as wondrous citta, I know signless dharmatā, the subtle dharma-gate, which is not standing on written word, which is external to scriptures, which is a special dispensation, which is entrusted to Mahākāśyapa.

नस्वातोनापिपरतोनद्वाभ्यांनाप्यहेतुतः

Sam Vara

Post by Sam Vara » Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:24 pm

Coëmgenu wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 12:54 pm
Why is "masturbation what's wrong?" in "Connections to Other Paths"?

I suppose some people masturbate religiously. I guess it can be considered an "Other Path".
Certainly it could be considered a Judeo-Christian practice:
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;
(Ecclesiastes, 9:10) :tongue:

(I'll ask the other mods if this can be put in another section...)

binocular

Post by binocular » Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:06 pm

So much for intellectual masturbation!

cappuccino

Post by cappuccino » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:43 am

in the pleasure is pain

in the pretty is foul

see?

Dhammanando
Location: Ban Sri Pradu Cremation Ground, Phrao District, Chiangmai

Post by Dhammanando » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:53 am

Sam Vara wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2018 1:24 pm
Certainly it could be considered a Judeo-Christian practice:
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might;
(Ecclesiastes, 9:10) :tongue:
Or Matthew 6:3 (at least as interpreted by comedic theologians Peter Cook and Dudley Moore):
Jesus wrote: ... let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth.

cappuccino

Post by cappuccino » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:59 am

But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
Matthew 6:3

Dhammanando
Location: Ban Sri Pradu Cremation Ground, Phrao District, Chiangmai

Post by Dhammanando » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:35 am

cappuccino wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:59 am
But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.
One of the ten kinds of masturbation described in Buddhaghosa's Vinaya Commentary is called dānaṃ dassāmīti sukkavisaṭṭhi, "emitting semen with the aim of giving a gift." For example, a man might ejaculate onto an anthill out of a compassionate wish to feed the ants.

However, in their innovatively erotic Christology, Cook and Moore seem to have had something else in mind when citing Matthew 6:3.

cappuccino

Post by cappuccino » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:13 am

comedy is perverse, mostly

perversity is normal though, a normal thing

auto

Post by auto » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:35 pm

M isn't wrong it is just the desire is the sign you are full of life force. And how you spend it is another subject.

Basically you use the life force up, to have a restart but if you know only the gross object realm then you need do it thousands of times to reach the meaningful restart. You will see how it feels to be in rock bottom without actually be in rock bottom, similar to unhappiness while being a millionaire, thoughts about death arise, no luck etc and the life starts to accumulate again activating knowledges and seeing these awarenesses rises it gives also faith to overall process.
So you can have a restart without the need of going through a real life event. So you can watch TV, dramas play games etc also and get restart if you have already a deeper grasp of similarities and also can focus on them.

Also every circle there is definite things like feeling pain or getting hit by something. So it is useful to be mindful and see the subtle and evolve towards not so bad calamities or rather get to feel calamities in this life than in some other place.

In short the hells and heavens are illusory, they rise from lifeforce or whatever its name is.

Meezer77

Post by Meezer77 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:30 pm

Dhammanando wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:35 am
cappuccino wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:59 am
One of the ten kinds of masturbation described in Buddhaghosa's Vinaya Commentary is called dānaṃ dassāmīti sukkavisaṭṭhi, "emitting semen with the aim of giving a gift." For example, a man might ejaculate onto an anthill out of a compassionate wish to feed the ants.

However, in their innovatively erotic Christology, Cook and Moore seem to have had something else in mind when citing Matthew 6:3.

:shock: :jawdrop: :o :rofl:

binocular

Post by binocular » Fri Jan 12, 2018 7:23 pm

Maybe there's some Dhamma in all this, but I can't see it right now ...