The Illustrious and Praiseworthy Buddhadasa

Organisational work, teaching, Sunday school syllabus, charitable work, outreach, sharing of resources, artwork, etc.
Locked
User avatar
DooDoot
Posts: 5768
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: The Illustrious and Praiseworthy Buddhadasa

Post by DooDoot » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:21 am

phillyy wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:05 am
Sir, all buddhists should be happy, brimming with equanimity, should they not be?
It appears you do not understand "equanimity" in respect to praise & blame:
Venerable Lord Gotama, of all those four kinds of people, the kind of person who does not blame those who should be blamed, according to the truth, at the proper time, and does not praise those who should be praised, according to the truth, at the proper time; is the kind of person who is the most beautiful and refined to me. What is the reason for this? Because this is fair and right with upekkha (equanimity)."

Potaliya, of all those four kinds of people, whichever kind of person blames those who should be blamed, according to the truth, at the proper time, and praises those who should be praised, according to the truth, at the proper time; this kind of person is the most beautiful and refined of these four kinds of people. What is the reason for this? It is fair and right because such a one knows the right time in those circumstances.


http://pintojukjun.blogspot.com/2011/09 ... Q7Em-szYkI
Therefore, following the Lord Buddha, to censure Buddhadasa about his false views about Religion is the most beautiful. :heart:

Note: I cannot be defeated about Buddhadasa. I am the heir to both his good (wisdom) & evil (foolishness; folly). :strawman: :jedi:
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati

User avatar
DooDoot
Posts: 5768
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: The Illustrious and Praiseworthy Buddhadasa

Post by DooDoot » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:24 am

phillyy wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:20 am
So which non-arahant fullfilled his life purpose and then committed suicide according to the Pali Canon, sir?
Sorry. If you knew the suttas, you would not need to ask this question. :reading: :smile:
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati

User avatar
phillyy
Posts: 122
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:52 pm

Re: The Illustrious and Praiseworthy Buddhadasa

Post by phillyy » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:25 am

I learned that mental monk is not following of Budhdadasa or Pali Canon but is heir to good and evil.

Thank you for your wisdom, mentalmonk, :anjali: :bow:

User avatar
DooDoot
Posts: 5768
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: The Illustrious and Praiseworthy Buddhadasa

Post by DooDoot » Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:27 am

phillyy wrote:
Sun Jun 23, 2019 12:25 am
Thank you for your wisdom, mentalmonk, :anjali: :bow:
You're welcome friend. :smile:

However, returning to the original posts here, they were certainly infantile & childish, to me.

The world is in a dystopian death spiral yet you post Buddhadasa's Creationism from the Vatican II 1960s.

Long live Flower Power. Maybe you should research "Santikaro" and join his "Hippy Community Saving The World" at "Liberation Park". :jumping:
DooDoot wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:08 pm
I recommend to ignore the fantasy of "Dhammic Socialism" and, instead, focus on Buddhadasa's Dhamma Truth of Samatha-Vipassana for the Nuclear Age. :meditate:
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati

User avatar
DooDoot
Posts: 5768
Joined: Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:06 pm

Re: The Illustrious and Praiseworthy Buddhadasa

Post by DooDoot » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:19 am

phillyy wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:40 pm
Ceisiwr wrote:
Sat Jun 22, 2019 6:35 pm
One of the greatest and somewhat misunderstood of monks
I agree my dear friend, and some of that comes from a misunderstanding due to our Western Patriarchy.

I feel that the words of Buddhadasa should speak for themselves without any interpretors.
Buddhadasa appeared against Cultural Marxism, Feminism & the related ideologies expressed above. Buddhadasa appeared to taught in favour of arranged marriages & a mother’s place in the family home. I will quote later, when return home.
There is always an official executioner. If you try to take his place, It is like trying to be a master carpenter and cutting wood. If you try to cut wood like a master carpenter, you will only hurt your hand.

https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/paticcasamuppada
https://soundcloud.com/doodoot/anapanasati

User avatar
retrofuturist
Site Admin
Posts: 21530
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 9:52 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: The Illustrious and Praiseworthy Buddhadasa

Post by retrofuturist » Sun Jun 23, 2019 1:48 am

Greetings,

This topic has devolved into a train wreck, and will be closed.

Feel free to start a new topic relating to Buddhadasa, but please first read A guide on how to get the most out of your new topics to help avoid another train wreck.

:thanks:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

“Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.” (Flannery O'Connor)

Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests