Dhamma Books in the minor Asian languages

Organisational work, teaching, Sunday school syllabus, charitable work, outreach, sharing of resources, artwork, etc.
pilgrim

Dhamma Books in the minor Asian languages

Post by pilgrim » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:00 am

The Dhamma Aid Asia website would be taken offline shortly. There are several general Dhamma books in a number of Asian languages that you can download from the site. If you wish to download these books, please do so soon.
www.dhammaaid.org/

Caodemarte

Re: Dhamma Books in the minor Asian languages

Post by Caodemarte » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:46 pm

Very nice. To nitpick, I just wish the phrase "minor" languages was not used in the title. For example, Hindi speakers (one of the languages used) find this annoying as do speakers of other languages citied,

pilgrim

Post by pilgrim » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:40 am

Caodemarte wrote:Very nice. To nitpick, I just wish the phrase "minor" languages was not used in the title. For example, Hindi speakers (one of the languages used) find this annoying as do speakers of other languages citied,
That did cross my mind . But there is only one book in Hindi and I wanted to pre-inform that there were no books in Chinese. :tongue:

Caodemarte

Post by Caodemarte » Fri Dec 09, 2016 2:24 pm

pilgrim wrote:
Caodemarte wrote:Very nice. To nitpick, I just wish the phrase "minor" languages was not used in the title. For example, Hindi speakers (one of the languages used) find this annoying as do speakers of other languages citied,
That did cross my mind . But there is only one book in Hindi and I wanted to pre-inform that there were no books in Chinese. :tongue:
As a native speaker of one of those non-Chinese languages (English), I have a natural sympathy for speakers of other non-Chinese languages (like Nepali and Assamese and the other languages covered) who are nonplussed :shrug: to learn that their language is considered minor and unimportant. :tongue: