Samita Monastery for Bhikkhunis in Belgium

Organisational work, teaching, Sunday school syllabus, charitable work, outreach, sharing of resources, artwork, etc.
pilgrim

Samita Monastery for Bhikkhunis in Belgium

Post by pilgrim » Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:11 pm

I stumbled upon the website of this project which is under the guidance of Ajahn Sujato. I don't recall any mention or discussion of it before and was just wondering why it is such low profile and if anyone knows of the latest developments.
https://www.samita.eu/en/monastery-project/

Vimala2016

Re: Samita Monastery for Bhikkhunis in Belgium

Post by Vimala2016 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:35 pm

Hi Pilgrim,

Only just saw your post. I did not realize we were low profile. :D
Yes, we are establishing a (very small) monastery for Bhikkhunis in Belgium and organise retreats every year. This year it will be Ajahn Brahmali from Bodhinyana Monastery in Perth (Ajahn Brahm's monastery), who will do a sutta-retreat in Germany. Info on the website.
Bhante Sujato is indeed our Spiritual Advisor and we feel extremely happy to have him on board!

As for an update: we have purchased land and are now in the process with architects and building firms and getting council permission. Lots of bureaucracy. We hope to start building in the spring. We have enough money now for the roof and walls, not yet the rest but we hope that will come.
The website is updated regularly so if you want to help out in some way, you are of course very welcome!

Much metta,
Ayya Vimala
:buddha1:

PS In the mean time we also have Facebook page where we post updates.

pilgrim

Re: Samita Monastery for Bhikkhunis in Belgium

Post by pilgrim » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:02 pm

Good to hear the monastery is progressing well. Happy to learn another place of Dhamma is being established.
Sadhu