Burmese speaker to help proof listen Burmese suttas

Organisational work, teaching, Sunday school syllabus, charitable work, outreach, sharing of resources, artwork, etc.
frank k

Burmese speaker to help proof listen Burmese suttas

Post by frank k »

Dear dhamma friends,

I have exciting news to share. A new friend of mine named Sai is recording readings of Buddha's suttas translated from Pali into Burmese.

I wonder if you guys have Burmese dhamma friends who can help with proof listening?
A typical sutta is anywhere from 5min to 20min long. Proof listening involves listening to the sutta while reading the burmese text along with it. If no mistakes are made in the reading, then it's considered done and we release it into the public.

The suttas in need of Proof listening are pinned to the top of this message board here:
http://pl.audtip.org

The released suttas, in many languages are published here:
http://www.audtip.org

Please feel free to forward the message to any friends who may be interested in helping out. Thanks!

Metta,
Frank
www.lucid24.org/sted : ☸Lucid24.org🐘 STED definitions
www.audtip.org/audtip: 🎙️🔊Audio Tales in Pāli: ☸Dharma and Vinaya in many languages
frank k

Re: Burmese speaker to help proof listen Burmese suttas

Post by frank k »

Does anyone know of a Burmese Buddhist online forum where I might be able to find Proof listeners for audio suttas?
www.audtip.org/audtip: 🎙️🔊Audio Tales in Pāli: ☸Dharma and Vinaya in many languages
bhikkhusirin

Post by bhikkhusirin »

I think they are already done.
Myanmar Translation of Pitaka are issued a few years ago.
In the cd rom, audios are attached already with sounds of an old man or old monk.
(Your sounds are of young man, it is great.)
And later, I got dvd rom, in which that audios are converted into mp3 format.
So your works are respectable but I think, you should check it firstly.

_/|\_ _/|\_ _/|\_
with Metta
[email protected]
bhikkhusirin

Post by bhikkhusirin »

Tipitaka Myanmar Version Audios are not accessible in www as much as I know.
And another day when I was post the above one, I sought my 3 CD roms.
I found them, but disks are not readable because of no use for a long time.
But I think I can find them from someone.
But I cannot upload them because of connection speed.
If you are eager, contact me.
I am from Mandalay, Myanmar. :)
(BTW, the CDs may be found in Yangon, Myanmar.)

With Metta
[email protected]
frank k

Post by frank k »

Thank you Venerable. If there is an existing set of recordings, it would be good to make that available to the general public. I can upload them to archive.org. We are still looking for Burmese speaking proof listener's for Sai's recordings. He now has over 20 suttas in the queue waiting for proof. If anyone know of any Burmese forums where we may solicit their assistance, please share. I've already contacted all the Burmese I know in the Calif. in the Bay Area and on the east coast, but perhaps that are from a generation that does not use the web so much. Hopefully any web savvy Burmese lurking on dhammawheel can point us to Burmese online forums. Thanks!
bhikkhusirin

Post by bhikkhusirin »

Now I'm trying to upload them in google drive.
It is about 1.3 GB and in mov format. So Quick time player is suitable for this.
For my country's very poor connection, it will take a long time.
Having done, I'll report you here.

With Metta.
pulga

Post by pulga »

I just played some of Ven. Bhikkhu Jiv.'s readings from the Majjhima Nikaya, and am really impressed. This is a fantastic project you're undertaking.

I don't know whether this will help at all, but Fort Wayne, Indiana is a major hub for the Burmese diaspora immigrating to the United States. Good luck!
"Dhammā=Ideas. This is the clue to much of the Buddha's teaching." ~ Ven. Ñanavira, Commonplace Book
bhikkhusirin

Post by bhikkhusirin »

Welcome to Tipitaka Myanmar Translation Audio Files. All are in mov file format and 1.3 GB in size.
They are produced by DPPS, Myanmar. There are sound files of Tipitaka Myanmar Translation "30" books.
Sounds are converted from cassette 800, so not very clear but work well. Go to my google drive page.
Right now, data from two CD is left. Trying...

Link:
https://googledrive.com/host/0B3NAmJXqF ... 1SNDdaVEE/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
frank k

Post by frank k »

Thank you Ven. Sirin.
I've created this page on audtip.org: ("links" page can be found on the left hand navigation menu bar on left side of screen)
http://www.audtip.org/links" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
which contains your description and a link to your tipitaka upload on google drive.

I'm assuming you intend to keep those files on your google drive permanently?
frank k

Post by frank k »

Thanks for the encouragement and tip Pulga!
metta,
Frank
pulga wrote:I just played some of Ven. Bhikkhu Jiv.'s readings from the Majjhima Nikaya, and am really impressed. This is a fantastic project you're undertaking.

I don't know whether this will help at all, but Fort Wayne, Indiana is a major hub for the Burmese diaspora immigrating to the United States. Good luck!
bhikkhusirin

Post by bhikkhusirin »

Done!
I have uploaded my Tipitaka Myanmar Translation Audio Files in my google drive.
They will be permanent links, which therefore you may link to that page.
They are all together size 1.3GB and in mov format, so Quick Time Player is suitable.

https://googledrive.com/host/0B3NAmJXqF ... 1SNDdaVEE/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

With Metta

:anjali:
bhikkhusirin

Post by bhikkhusirin »

Update: new downloadable link for Burmese Tipitaka Audio files.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

with Metta
Samana Johann 1

Post by Samana Johann 1 »

Bhante. Maybe it's good to have those desiring to listen or those who have own resources to make Dhamma-Dana possible and wishing to not only gain merits, take care of proper storage place and means to access it. It's hard to believe that google might have conscious wish to give into liberation and it's possible not the best idea to make other, for the sake of liberation, even more dependent and in debt to the world.

How about the previous undertaking here and those wishing to give sacrifices toward release?

It's really better to be depended on the Sangha and it's devoted followers as to trust in certain tricky deals aside of the costumes of the Noble Ones.

So probably both sides may consider the means they desire to do help and try to assist. Taking of what is possible not really given for the sake to help wouldn't help at least. One might correct if some of the suggestions, aside of strong desires in different directions for certain aims, are wrong.

At least, if Monks take away possibilities to do merits and prefer to serve downwards, how much inspiring is that, when even using the not so generous means of today?

Way do not become proper because many follow trends of the majority.
It's not clear if the possibility to take on form here is given, so also this post might be made on merely uncomfortable trust. Please don't be shy to make remark as well as to do what ever with the post you might be inspired to. Key is found here. May it be, how ever, understood as Dhamma-Dana toward the Sangha of Buddhas Savakas and those following them and not thought for any kind of trade or exchange for low purpose for the world. Feel also always welcome here.