Hindi chanting book

Organisational work, teaching, Sunday school syllabus, charitable work, outreach, sharing of resources, artwork, etc.
bhante dhamma

Hindi chanting book

Post by bhante dhamma » Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:19 am

Greetings all,

I am currently in rural India and have noticed there are no chanting books in any of the monasteries, is there anyone out there that is able to help compile a chanting book in Devanagari script?

Sukha saddhā patitthita

arpansharma1

Re: Hindi chanting book

Post by arpansharma1 » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:22 am

Please write to pldhar@yahoo.com . Aranya Vihara Trust (www.aranyavihara.in) has translated the entire Wat Pah Nanachat Chanting book into Hindi in Devnagri script. LP Sumedho's Four Noble Truths is also available in Hindi now from this source.

bhante dhamma

Post by bhante dhamma » Fri Jan 17, 2020 9:36 am

We'll it's something, unfortunately that book doesn't seem to be publicly available, but we'll see, also would be nice to chant some suttas, are you fluent in Nagari script?

Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Fri Jan 17, 2020 12:05 pm

I suspect that you could compile your own from Tipitaka.org if you know your way around the Tipiṭaka.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)

bhante dhamma

Post by bhante dhamma » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:51 am

Oh! thanks so much bhante, that site was unknown to me, will be a good shortcut indeed, no need to transliterate from Pāḷi, just cut and paste!

Tangent-Man

Post by Tangent-Man » Mon Jan 20, 2020 5:14 pm

www.budaedu.org/ There appears to be a couple of items on this website that may be useful?

Some books (that I think they will post for free, although there are facilities to donate).
http://www.budaedu.org/en/book/II-08main.php3

Or some eBooks on this page:
http://www.budaedu.org/ebooks/6-IN.php

Pete A

_/|\_