How Insistent Are You in Observing Your Fifth Precept?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Sidney

Re: How Insistent Are You in Observing Your Fifth Precept?

Post by Sidney »

[quote="Dhammanucara"]How insistent/determined are you in observing your fifth precept?
A. Not even a sip of alcohol, but allow it to be used as supplementary ingredient in cooking
B. Not even a sip of alcohol AND not used in cooking as well
C. Do entertain some small amount of drinks in social gathering with friends, family or business
D. Do entertain some small amount of drinks in social gathering, provided that the drink is not too heavy
E. Do entertain drinks in social gathering (to avoid conflict or estrangement, etc.)
F. Do entertain drinks in social gathering, and occasionally drink at home too
G. Entertain drinks in social gatherings and often drink at home.
H. None of the above/Others

In my view avoidance of taking intoxicants including alcohol could have a wide spectrum of reasons. If I were to give my option it would be 'A'
and the reason being: even a sip of alcohol can affect my awareness which I have been trying to develop it seriously during retreats; earnestly during my meditation;
and hopefully in every minute of my life.
If tea and caffeine would cloud my consciousness I would avoid it; if not I will consume it as usual. I still need something to wake me up at boring meetings and talks!
metta,

Sidney