Germs vs Immunity

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Nicholas Weeks

Germs vs Immunity

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

Old medical science controversy still around. Historical outline of two schools of thought:

https://www.lewrockwell.com/2020/04/no_ ... ntroversy/
Good is virtue until life’s end, good is faith that is steadfast, good is the acquisition of wisdom, and good is the avoidance of evil. Dhammapada

Ceisiwr

Re: Germs vs Immunity

Post by Ceisiwr »

Will wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:36 pm
Old medical science controversy still around. Historical outline of two schools of thought:

The article doesn't really say much other than it being important to have a healthy immune system, which is obvious. Still, you can have a great immune system and still die from an infection. A good immune system mixed with good healthcare, including vaccines, is key.
“Bhikkhus, whatever is not yours, abandon it. When you have abandoned it, that will lead to your welfare and happiness. ” SN 35:101

dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

Does this have anything to do with the dhamma?

Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

dharmacorps wrote:
Tue Jun 02, 2020 6:05 pm
Does this have anything to do with the dhamma?
The sub-title says "A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind."

But if you must have an explicit connection - from Dhammapada:
204. Health is the greatest of blessings.
Good is virtue until life’s end, good is faith that is steadfast, good is the acquisition of wisdom, and good is the avoidance of evil. Dhammapada

thepea

Post by thepea »

Will wrote:

Being from Canada and ontario, I can 100% tell you that there is no science being used to fight the spread of this virus.
We are 90 days locked down and we just extended state of emergency for another 30 days.
Government has botched up the entire testing process and they just tell us to wash our hands and use sanitizer and to wear a mask.
I do none of this and haven’t for the beginning. Not to be a tough guy, but through work in construction and having to deal with peoples used toilets, break apart their shitty drains, you get splashed every once in awhile and you just learn to see everything as natural organics. When you see things this way, dirty dishes, rotten food, garbage, your mind doesn’t make an enemy out of these things. I believe this mental state reduces the rate we get sick through lack of worry.

Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

thepea wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:19 am
Will wrote:

Being from Canada and ontario, I can 100% tell you that there is no science being used to fight the spread of this virus.
We are 90 days locked down and we just extended state of emergency for another 30 days.
Government has botched up the entire testing process and they just tell us to wash our hands and use sanitizer and to wear a mask.
I do none of this and haven’t for the beginning. Not to be a tough guy, but through work in construction and having to deal with peoples used toilets, break apart their shitty drains, you get splashed every once in awhile and you just learn to see everything as natural organics. When you see things this way, dirty dishes, rotten food, garbage, your ind doesn’t make an enemy out of these things. I believe this mental state reduces the rate we get sick through lack of worry.
Well said Pea! :thumbsup:

thepea

Post by thepea »

Will wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:21 am
thepea wrote:
Will wrote:

I do none of this and haven’t for the beginning. Not to be a tough guy, but through work in construction and having to deal with peoples used toilets, break apart their shitty drains, you get splashed every once in awhile and you just learn to see everything as natural organics. When you see things this way, dirty dishes, rotten food, garbage, your ind doesn’t make an enemy out of these things. I believe this mental state reduces the rate we get sick through lack of worry.
How are you hanging in there Will?
Certain businesses have made it mandatory to wear masks in order to shop in their stores.
I put it over y eyes and run around bumping into everyone.
I’m loooooosing it.
:D :D :D :D :D :D God I really hate this masking emoji now.

thepea

Post by thepea »

thepea wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 12:56 am
Will wrote:
thepea wrote:

Certain businesses have made it mandatory to wear masks in order to shop in their stores.
I put it over my eyes and run around bumping into everyone.
I’m loooooosing it.

Nicholas Weeks

Post by Nicholas Weeks »

thepea wrote:
Will wrote:
I’m loooooosing it.
Too old and cranky to obey, so when I went to the Smart & Final grocery today and saw a new sign say "face covering required" I left my cart and went to Ralph's sans mask. No problems there, although most folks were masked.

thepea

Post by thepea »

Will wrote:
Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:04 am
thepea wrote:
Will wrote:
I’m loooooosing it.
Too old and cranky to obey, so when I went to the Smart & Final grocery today and saw a new sign say "face covering required" I left my cart and went to Ralph's sans mask. No problems there, although most folks were masked.
Cranky. Ohhh, I am so there.
Be well brother.