Body Odor stinks to high heaven

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Alīno

Re: Body Odor stinks to high heaven

Post by Alīno »

polo wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:48 am Before we reflect on this good or bad question of sex let me tell you a joke.
This guy from Finland went to a brothel and as he was coming out of the room another customer impatiently waiting outside asked him, "Are you finished?"
He was surprised and answered,"Yes I am, how did you know that?"

Ok now coming to this question of sex. Sex creates desires and tension all of which are bad for you if you wish to really follow Buddha's teaching. It's obvious isn't it? Desires create suffering.
So if you could understand from your heart not just the thought. The difference between understanding from the heart and rational thinking is huge, one is an ultimate realization the other is just very superficial acknowledgement.
I have printed some T-shirts that say, "No sex please, we are Buddhists" , do you think it will sell well?
:anjali:
Thank you for this joke, I don't realy understood it, but its because of language I think ) Or it's too subtile for me )

As concern duplicating genetic information with others primates, it's true that it unwholesomeness should be understood by the heart.
For me genetical clonning is to complicate and need to much efforts that probably will have no any result and while there is a result it's so short lasting and superficial that one can ask himself : all that effort just for "this" ? :? So as kammic businessmans we should carefully chose in what we invest out time and efforts...
On the other hand, while we made enought invrstisement in Dhamma practice, the joy and hapiness that it provides is limitless and available at every moment. You have nothing to do, you have just to stop doing...

As concern a comprehension with a heart and the mind: past week I had a nimitta of a body that breaks on two parts and dies... I saw just this, but my citta understood something without any thought or reflection, I just felt some powerfully energetic changes going throught all my body, something inhabitual and powerfull... I had no any conceptual understanding of that nimitta and what happened, but until that moment I feel realy calm inside, I have nothing to do to maintain it, it's not increasing or diminishing, just that dispassionaye peace of the heart...
So citta's understanding can even bypass all reasoning and any conceptual understanding...
Ajahn Nanadassano (before ordaining) : Venerable Ajahn, what is the bigest error that buddhist do in their practice?
Ajahn Jayasaro : They stop practicing ...
polo

Post by polo »

Alīno wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 12:56 pm
polo wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 11:48 am Before we reflect on this good or bad question of sex let me tell you a joke.
This guy from Finland went to a brothel and as he was coming out of the room another customer impatiently waiting outside asked him, "Are you finished?"
He was surprised and answered,"Yes I am, how did you know that?"

Ok now coming to this question of sex. Sex creates desires and tension all of which are bad for you if you wish to really follow Buddha's teaching. It's obvious isn't it? Desires create suffering.
So if you could understand from your heart not just the thought. The difference between understanding from the heart and rational thinking is huge, one is an ultimate realization the other is just very superficial acknowledgement.
I have printed some T-shirts that say, "No sex please, we are Buddhists" , do you think it will sell well?
Thank you for this joke, I don't realy understood it, but its because of language I think ) Or it's too subtile for me )

As concern duplicating genetic information with others primates, it's true that it unwholesomeness should be understood by the heart.
For me genetical clonning is to complicate and need to much efforts that probably will have no any result and while there is a result it's so short lasting and superficial that one can ask himself : all that effort just for "this" ? :? So as kammic businessmans we should carefully chose in what we invest out time and efforts...
On the other hand, while we made enought invrstisement in Dhamma practice, the joy and hapiness that it provides is limitless and available at every moment. You have nothing to do, you have just to stop doing...

As concern a comprehension with a heart and the mind: past week I had a nimitta of a body that breaks on two parts and dies... I saw just this, but my citta understood something without any thought or reflection, I just felt some powerfully energetic changes going throught all my body, something inhabitual and powerfull... I had no any conceptual understanding of that nimitta and what happened, but until that moment I feel realy calm inside, I have nothing to do to maintain it, it's not increasing or diminishing, just that dispassionaye peace of the heart...
So citta's understanding can even bypass all reasoning and any conceptual understanding...
Oh too bad, I don't understand a thing you wrote and you don't understand my joke . I think we just leave everything. By the way your spelling is atrocious. Which school did you go to? I would like to go there and tell the teachers they didn't do a good job. Just a joke, don't get offended.
Do take care of your spelling. What is your national language? You a Russian? Spanish? Catalan?
Alīno

Post by Alīno »

polo wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:03 pm Oh too bad, I don't understand a thing you wrote and you don't understand my joke . I think we just leave everything. By the way your spelling is atrocious. Which school did you go to? I would like to go there and tell the teachers they didn't do a good job. Just a joke, don't get offended.
Do take care of your spelling. What is your national language? You a Russian? Spanish? Catalan?
:lol:
It's ok I know about my english problems ^^ Actualy I learned it by reading Suttas with a dictionary, word by word, so iam the only responsable for the torture I create to people by transcribing these mental fabrications on english ))
Iam Russian French speaker ... Both are bad in languages ^^ )
Ajahn Nanadassano (before ordaining) : Venerable Ajahn, what is the bigest error that buddhist do in their practice?
polo

Post by polo »

Alīno wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:47 pm
polo wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:03 pm Oh too bad, I don't understand a thing you wrote and you don't understand my joke . I think we just leave everything. By the way your spelling is atrocious. Which school did you go to? I would like to go there and tell the teachers they didn't do a good job. Just a joke, don't get offended.
It's ok I know about my english problems ^^ Actualy I learned it by reading Suttas with a dictionary, word by word, so iam the only responsable for the torture I create to people by transcribing these mental fabrications on english ))
Salut Alino,
Je m'appelle Pascal et je parle français . Je suis malaisien et j'habite à Kuala Lumpur. Vous êtes Russe n'es pas?
Vous êtes un homme ou une femme?
Alīno

Post by Alīno »

polo wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 1:16 pm
Alīno wrote: Sun Nov 24, 2019 2:47 pm
Salut Alino,
Je m'appelle Pascal et je parle français . Je suis malaisien et j'habite à Kuala Lumpur. Vous êtes Russe n'es pas?
Vous êtes un homme ou une femme?
Bonjour Pascal !:)
Justement je me demandais sur vos origines car "polo" est souvent utilisé en france pour les prénoms comme le votre :) mais plus pour Paul je dirai ;)
Je m'appel Alexeï :hello:
Je suis un français d'origine russe ;)
Enchanté d'apprendre qu'il y a des francophones ici en tout cas ! :)
bhante dhamma

Post by bhante dhamma »

"..greed is the foremost impediment that makes beings fall down.." saṃyutta nikāya
manas

Post by manas »

JamesTheGiant wrote: Thu Oct 24, 2019 6:08 pm Before deodorant became common in the 1800s, body odor was a thing which people didn't bother about, and many people washed just a couple of times a year, or once a month.
It's a modern conceit that we shouldn't be smelling the body. It's natural. Just like animals, we smell.
In other words, our bodies are naturally gross & icky. A nice little reflection for letting go of attachment to this body of flesh, organs, bones & blood, enclosed by skin that stinks also, unless it's regularly cleaned.

Thank you (really) for this reminder.

To the Buddha-refuge i go; to the Dhamma-refuge i go; to the Sangha-refuge i go.