Veganism: a host of issues.

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
ManEagle

Re: Veganism: a host of issues.

Post by ManEagle »

retrofuturist wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:44 pm Greetings ManEagle,
ManEagle wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:32 pm I have just returned to this forum after a period of abstaining from such things and being married to a Buddhist and having convinced her also to go vegan I thought I'd check in to the forum to see if this subject had come up anywhere. I'm not surprised it is being discussed but I have to say that at times, after reading through the whole thread, many of the comments, especially from one user in particular reminds me of reading through the "trolls" comments on YouTube.
On account of "just return[ing] to this forum after a period of abstaining from such things", you may not know that discussion on Vegetarian and Veganism is out of scope... unless it directly pertains to "Wellness, Diet & Fitness".

By bringing in non-Buddhist articles that relate to the ethics of Veganism, you're inadvertently going beyond the current scope of this forum. BUT... that's not to say the Dharma Wheel sites prohibit such discussion, only that such discussion should be done at the recently created...

Dharma Wheel Engaged Forum

Engaged Buddhism forum, a nonsectarian community discussing the application of the Dharma to social and environmental issues.

I will edit out and PM you back your off-topic commentary, so that if you wish to start a new topic at DWE, it will be easier for you to do so.

Thank you for your understanding.

Metta,
Paul. :)
Apologies Paul for not properly searching the forum in more detail to find a more appropriate thread. My bad!

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Regards,
Paul (one Paul to another). :)