Is it ok to eat quite a lot of beef fat?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
budo
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Is it ok to eat quite a lot of beef fat?

Post by budo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:24 pm

Idappaccayata wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:22 pm
budo wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:00 pm
For anyone else reading this who wants to sift through the vegan propaganda spewed by forum users on here, here are the facts:

Saturated fat - neutral
Monounsaturated fat - neutral
Polyunsaturated Omega 6 - Harmful - and found in most processed vegetable oils except for plants that are naturally high in monounsaturated like olive oil, or plants high in saturated fat like coconut oil.
Trans fats - Harmful
Polyunsaturated Omega 3 - Positive/Beneficial

If you have old LDL plaques in your body, then eating wild fish or free range eggs high in DHA/EPA (Omega 3) will reduce those plaques. The main culprit is non-conjugated Linoleic Acid found in plants, and not the conjugated Linoleic Acid found in animals.

https://openheart.bmj.com/content/5/2/e000898.full
https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161 ... 108.191627

Lastly, keep in mind all nutritional studies are observational and correlative, so nothing is set in stone.
I'm not sure what your irrational fear of veganism has to do with this. It's pretty easy to be a vegan and avoid high Omega 6 oils.
Attack on meat by vegans, in particular. Veganism (or better termed Supplementarians) have a whole host of issues, but that's another topic for another thread.

User avatar
seeker242
Posts: 910
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:01 am

Re: Is it ok to eat quite a lot of beef fat?

Post by seeker242 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:26 pm

budo wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:48 pm

Polyunsaturated fats aren't only "vegan", lol. Fish fat and grass fed eggs are high in polyunsaturated Omega 3, which is DHA and EPA, and removes the LDL plaques which I cited in my previous post.
And who is talking about "vegan"? Only you, lol. Why I'm not sure as it's completely irrelevant. And it still does not change the fact that the longest lived people in the world eat very little, if any, beef fat.
All that quote is saying is that saturated fats are neutral, but Omega 3 is positive. So yeah, you are clueless.
Actually, you are the one being clueless. No that's not what it's saying. It's saying just what it actually says, "replacing saturated fat with omega 3's" reduces risk. You aren't going to eat a ton of saturated fat and a ton of omega 3's every day. There is only a limited number of calories per day before the number of calories becomes too many. The more you replace saturated fat with omega 3's, the better off you will be. That's what the quote is saying.
But like you said, IRRELEVANT to beef fat.
Yup, the fact that vegetable oil is unhealthy is irrelevant to health status of eating tons of beef fat. I don't know why that is so difficult to understand...

budo
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Is it ok to eat quite a lot of beef fat?

Post by budo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:32 pm

seeker242 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:26 pm
budo wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:48 pm

Polyunsaturated fats aren't only "vegan", lol. Fish fat and grass fed eggs are high in polyunsaturated Omega 3, which is DHA and EPA, and removes the LDL plaques which I cited in my previous post.
And who is talking about "vegan"? Only you, lol. Why I'm not sure as it's completely irrelevant. And it still does not change the fact that the longest lived people in the world eat very little, if any, beef fat.
This is has nothing to do with the harvard study that says that there is not enough evidence that SFA is harmful. As you say, irrelevant.

seeker242 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:26 pm
All that quote is saying is that saturated fats are neutral, but Omega 3 is positive. So yeah, you are clueless.
Actually, you are the one being clueless. No that's not what it's saying. It's saying just what it actually says, "replacing saturated fat with omega 3's" reduces risk. You aren't going to eat a ton of saturated fat and a ton of omega 3's every day. There is only a limited number of calories per day before the number of calories becomes too many. The more you replace saturated fat with omega 3's, the better off you will be. That's what the quote is saying.
But like you said, IRRELEVANT to beef fat.
Yup, the fact that vegetable oil is unhealthy is irrelevant to health status of eating tons of beef fat. I don't know what that is so difficult to understand...
Right because saturated fat is neutral, and adding N-3 (omega 3) is beneficial, but N-6 is still harmful. Nothing wrong with eating Saturated fat though. Your CVD claims are unfounded.

Furthermore grass fed beef has high N3 (omega 3)

But the composition of fatty acids is also different:

- Monounsaturated fat: Grass-fed beef contains much less monounsaturated fat than grain-fed beef (1Trusted Source).
- Omega-6 polyunsaturated fats: Grass-fed and grain-fed beef contain very similar amounts of omega-6 fatty acids.
- Omega-3s: This is where grass-fed really makes a major difference, containing up to five times as much omega-3 (2Trusted Source).
- Conjugated linoleic acid (CLA): Grass-fed beef contains about twice as much CLA as grain-fed beef. This fatty acid is associated with a few health benefits (3Trusted Source, 4Trusted Source).
So grain fed beef is neutral, and grass fed beef is beneficial because of higher N-3 and CLA content.

Also, more on ratios:
Increases in the ratio of n-6 : n-3 PUFA, characteristic of the Western diet, could potentiate inflammatory processes and consequently predispose to or exacerbate many inflammatory diseases. The change in ratio and increase in n-6 PUFA consumption change the production of important mediators and regulators of inflammation and immune responses towards a proinflammatory profile. Chronic conditions such as CVD, diabetes, obesity, rheumatoid arthritis, and IBD are all associated with increased production of PGE2, LTB4, TXA2, IL-1β, IL-6, and TNF-α, whereby the production of these factors increases with increased dietary intake of n-6 PUFA and decreased dietary intake of n-3 PUFA. In conclusion, the unbalanced dietary consumption of n-6 : n-3 PUFA is detrimental to human health, and so the impact of dietary supplementation with n-3 PUFA upon the alleviation of inflammatory diseases, more specifically, NAFLD needs to be more thoroughly investigated.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3335257/

budo
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Is it ok to eat quite a lot of beef fat?

Post by budo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:54 pm

Lastly, for anyone concerned with bogus CVD (Cardiovascular Disease) claims, latest research is moving away from fats and more towards Insulin Resistance as the true cause.

https://openheart.bmj.com/content/4/2/e000729

Cholesterol simply acts as cement trying to fill up holes (damage) in the arteries. The true cause of those holes is Insulin Resistence.

Having too much LDL is like having bad cement, but if you remove the true cause (insulin resistance) then cholesterol isn't even sent to the arteries in the first place to repair damage. So blaming fat and cholesterol for CVD is outdated science, which is why Ancel Keys is relevant and wrong about CVD.

This is also why CVD is highly correlated with obesity (insulin resistance).
‘I know of no single acceptable study that shows a high intake of sugar in a population that is almost entirely free from heart disease.’1—John Yudkin
Even if you try to remove the cholesterol, like low fat diets are trying to do, you're still going to get artery damage!

User avatar
seeker242
Posts: 910
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:01 am

Re: Is it ok to eat quite a lot of beef fat?

Post by seeker242 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:24 pm

budo wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:32 pm

Right because saturated fat is neutral, and adding N-3 (omega 3) is beneficial, but N-6 is still harmful. Nothing wrong with eating Saturated fat though. Your CVD claims are unfounded.
Nothing wrong with eating it in moderation. Nor with eating omega 6 in moderation. But that isn't the question being asked. Something wrong with eating tons of it, which is what the question is about. Eating a ton of calories from fat, of any kind, including beef fat or vegetable oils, isn't going to be healthy.
Even if you try to remove the cholesterol, like low fat diets are trying to do, you're still going to get artery damage!
If you replace the saturated fat with refined starch or sugar, yes. However, if saturated fat is replaced with polyunsaturated fat or monounsaturated fat, then no, as the Harvard article pointed out.

budo
Posts: 1752
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:16 am

Re: Is it ok to eat quite a lot of beef fat?

Post by budo » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:28 pm

seeker242 wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:24 pm
budo wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:32 pm

Right because saturated fat is neutral, and adding N-3 (omega 3) is beneficial, but N-6 is still harmful. Nothing wrong with eating Saturated fat though. Your CVD claims are unfounded.
Nothing wrong with eating it in moderation. Nor with eating omega 6 in moderation. But that isn't the question being asked. Something wrong with eating tons of it, which is what the question is about. Eating a ton of calories from fat, of any kind, including beef fat or vegetable oils, isn't going to be healthy.
Even if you try to remove the cholesterol, like low fat diets are trying to do, you're still going to get artery damage!
If you replace the saturated fat with refined starch or sugar, yes. However, if saturated fat is replaced with polyunsaturated fat or monounsaturated fat, then no, as the Harvard article pointed out.
That's all hypothetical, have you tried over eating fat? I tried. You would have nausea and puke. Steffanson also talks about this in his book. You can't overeat fat without puking. Try it.

You can overeat carbs and protein, but your body won't allow you to overeat fat. See for yourself.

auto
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: Is it ok to eat quite a lot of beef fat?

Post by auto » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:35 pm

belly is convoluted by food, belly needs be relatively empty and kept empty by not eating over. The satifcation need be kept down that it won't arose, and guess what animal fat is that for you aroses that when you eat it.

you can learn(gain that skill) to use direct pointing(directly watching onto that sensation) and arose that feeling by yourself without eating meat, when you already eat and get aroused then you can't use direct seeing into subject matter to arose it by your own will.

problem is the craving/dukkha, and craving is also the solution what gets you to that liberating sensation, which you won't obviously see becase the craving is too strong it affects your thinking making you a pro meat-eater(or whatever offence you have) and think out reasons why the meat is good.

Exactly same is with celibacy. When no craving up there is no way to get to the relevant sensations by which you can get higher perception and eventually you will have a perception where you are liberated you are very glad you don't have a desire anymore and know by experience that how you used to think. issue is it will hit you again the desires doesn't go away even after tens of times seeing the freedom perception just the issue will move on to other things what are the desires in a more primal form like food and drink, you can't stay and keep depending on food(gross, sensual debt foods) forever either.

and by the way if you realize that you can't get any satisfaction from life because of restrictions then that notion will make you a special kind of sensation, its for that sensation, it feels like defeat. I think the former bias is to get discernment to that kind of feeling.
Also knowing that you still not allowed to return to lower life, well that range of sensations, high class.


issue is wtf you are addicted to animal fat, hooollllllly are you close to being animal yourself?? act like an animal often? think of it, someone pure from these addictions see you like that.

auto
Posts: 1087
Joined: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:02 pm

Re: Is it ok to eat quite a lot of beef fat?

Post by auto » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:01 pm

polo wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:01 am
Please whoever you are don't post a picture like that because it's sort of like pornography. When I look at that piece of roasted pork I just salivated. This picture creates a desire and when desire is not fulfilled it caused suffering.
Do the Thais put too much salt in this kind of roasted pork? In Malaysia this kind of roasted pork is always too salty to my taste, far too salty I would say.
thing is it supposed to work like that, but you lack instructions to cultivate yearning and can't get free from craving by not eating.


letting craving go old is wrong too and think you are free now.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests