What effects of drinking a zip coca cola has?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
user99

What effects of drinking a zip coca cola has?

Post by user99 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:18 pm

What effects does a zip of coca cola has?

SDC

Re: What effects of drinking a zip coca cola has?

Post by SDC » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:29 pm

Hi user99, please check your private message inbox prior to starting another thread. Thank you.

Manopubbangama

Post by Manopubbangama » Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:33 pm

Diet is worse than regular.

Regular is just a sick, sappy concoction of sugar, caramel, bubbles and water. Its disgusting, but....

When I was a kid in 7th grade science class we put duckweed in different fluids; I won't go through all of the fluids but it was the diet cola that killed that duckweed quickest

Don't mess with diet! :jawdrop:
Last edited by retrofuturist on Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Gratuitous/needless political reference moved.

user99

Post by user99 » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:01 pm

I believe drinking coca cola is dangerous Because its cocain in it.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:11 pm

Greetings,
user99 wrote:
Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:01 pm
I believe drinking coca cola is dangerous Because its cocain in it.
Maybe a century or so ago, but not today.

Metta,
Paul. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

“Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.” (Flannery O'Connor)

Volo

Post by Volo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:49 am

I don't know, what "zip" cola is, but in case of a regular cola, all depends on the quantity, I believe. Drinking once in a while a bottle of cola wouldn't have any significant effects on the body. But using it almost as a substitute for water, is surely killing oneself.

What concerns the mind... Cola contains caffeine, which can make mind agitated for a while, especially if you are not used to drink tea, coffee, etc.

budo

Post by budo » Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:23 pm

Sugar is poison, pretty soon people will look at sugar like they do cigarettes.

Caffiene is also poison (literally) used by plants to kill insects.

If it's not meat, it's not food.

lostitude

Post by lostitude » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:37 pm

budo wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:23 pm

Sugar is what makes you live. No sugar, no life. If sugar levels in your blood fall under 0,5g/L you pass out,
If they continue falling, you die. So calling it poison does not make any sense.

SarathW

Post by SarathW » Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:48 pm

budo wrote:

Does this mean it kills bugs in the stomach?
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

Volo

Post by Volo » Sat Feb 23, 2019 12:14 am

SarathW wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:48 pm
I hope you don't have bugs in the stomach, but my experience is that coca cola does help against diarrhea. And this is not only my observation, other people told me the same.

lostitude

Post by lostitude » Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:47 pm

SarathW wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:48 pm
budo wrote:

Your stomach already produces very strong acid that kills most bugs in the food you eat, and by the way it's more powerful than Coca Cola itself. Many people put stuff in Coca Cola and watch it corrode under the acidic effect of that drink, then they say "see, that's what Coke does to your stomach", but they forget that it's exactly what the stomach does by itself, at an even more intense level.

denise

Post by denise » Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:01 pm

hello all.... also beware of diet cola if you are arthritic .....makes some people ache more....don't know the dynamics though...

budo

Post by budo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:33 am

lostitude wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 10:37 pm
budo wrote:

Sugar is what makes you live. No sugar, no life. If sugar levels in your blood fall under 0,5g/L you pass out,
If they continue falling, you die. So calling it poison does not make any sense.
Your body can use ketones to produce ATP, and sugar is fructose-glucose, so no Sugar doesn't make you live.

Glucose can be used for ATP production, and glucose alone isn't sugar. Furthermore most ATP is produced by cellular respiration, which means excess fructose leads to fermentation which impairs cellular respiration leading to cancer, which noble prize winner Otto von Warburger discovered and called the Warburger effect.

Volo

Post by Volo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:31 am

budo wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:33 am
Your body can use ketones to produce ATP, and sugar is fructose-glucose, so no Sugar doesn't make you live.

Glucose can be used for ATP production, and glucose alone isn't sugar. Furthermore most ATP is produced by cellular respiration, which means excess fructose leads to fermentation which impairs cellular respiration leading to cancer, which noble prize winner Otto von Warburger discovered and called the Warburger effect.
Otto Warburg postulated this change in metabolism is the fundamental cause of cancer,[7] a claim now known as the Warburg hypothesis. Today, mutations in oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes are thought to be responsible for malignant transformation, and the Warburg effect is considered to be a result of these mutations rather than a cause.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warburg ... (oncology)

budo

Post by budo » Mon Mar 04, 2019 3:02 am

Volo wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 2:31 am
budo wrote:
Mon Mar 04, 2019 12:33 am

Otto Warburg postulated this change in metabolism is the fundamental cause of cancer,[7] a claim now known as the Warburg hypothesis. Today, mutations in oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes are thought to be responsible for malignant transformation, and the Warburg effect is considered to be a result of these mutations rather than a cause.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warburg ... (oncology)
Your highlight doesn't change anything. When fermentation is removed, oxygen increases with cellular respiration, which causes damaged cells to kill themselves (apoptosis). This is why hyperbolic oxygen therapy can supplement chemotherapy to speeden up treatment, and in some stages can replace chemotherapy all together.

Only certain kind of cancers can feed off ketones, the rest rely on glucose-fructose fermentation. And to be specific when I say "feed off", I mean a fungus species that feeds off ketones and releases either endotoxin or fermentation which deprives oxygen thus damaging cell and preventing apoptosis.