109-Year-Old Veteran and His Secrets to Life Will Make You Smile

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Bundokji

109-Year-Old Veteran and His Secrets to Life Will Make You Smile

Post by Bundokji »

I just came across the following video which i found interesting. What constitutes a healthy life?

And the Blessed One addressed the bhikkhus, saying: "Behold now, bhikkhus, I exhort you: All compounded things are subject to vanish. Strive with earnestness!"

This was the last word of the Tathagata.
suriyopama

Re: 109-Year-Old Veteran and His Secrets to Life Will Make You Smile

Post by suriyopama »

Very interesting.

No greed, good intentions, and probably a great bunch of good kamma from the past. That seems to lead to a healthy life.
Zom

Post by Zom »

For people who have very good health one of major, or possibly, the major reason why they live for so long - is the will to live itself. This man seems to have a stong will to live still. My wife told me a story about her grandmother. Don't remember how old was she, but quite old. She also smoked a lot, till death, never had issues with health because of that. And she died just because she lost will to live, not because of a disease.
paul

Post by paul »

TLCD96

Post by TLCD96 »

A monk once told this wonderful story about how, when he was on a trip to Thailand, he got to meet with a very old monk (around 100 years old). He asked the old monk a question, to my memory:

How did you get to be so old?

Me? Well if you want to live to be old like me, all you need to do is keep breathing in and out, in and out!
All of us are bound by birth, aging, and death.
mrgrtt123

Post by mrgrtt123 »

This is really such an interesting video, and I am so glad that you have to share it with us.
A web designer at PetStreetMall, a place to find quality and affordable pet supplies