Bed recommendations

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
salayatananirodha

Bed recommendations

Post by salayatananirodha »

Where would I go about getting a bed for ideally less than a hundred dollars, that is fairly low to the ground and somewhat firm but supple enough for back issues.
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
Idappaccayata

Re: Bed recommendations

Post by Idappaccayata »

I'd look into a camping mat. I have a thermarest neo, and it's very comfortable and adjustable. Plus you can take it anywhere.
A dying man can only rely upon his wisdom, if he developed it. Wisdom is not dependent upon any phenomenon originated upon six senses. It is developed on the basis of the discernment of the same. That’s why when one’s senses start to wither and die, the knowledge of their nature remains unaffected. When there is no wisdom, there will be despair, in the face of death.

- Ajahn Nyanamoli Thero
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

salayatananirodha wrote: Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:30 am Where
Where do you live?
salayatananirodha

Post by salayatananirodha »

USA ^_^

I tried a camping mat and I liked it, but it was narrow, so I wouldn't be able to spread out like I like to. I've got serious back issues, so a little more thought goes into this than I'd like.
I host a sutta discussion via Zoom Sundays at 11AM Chicago time — message me if you are interested
JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant »

The best bed I ever had for my back was a 2" Latex Topper Pad, single size. It was firm and soft at the same time. Cost a bit, but it was really worth it for my back. I see they're available on ebay for about $150, but you could probably shop around domesticaly and get a much better price.
I also had a futon, whcih was good for my back but ended up getting lumpy and it was hard. I didn't enjoy going to bed on the futon.