Constant lack of energy

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
No_Mind

Re: Constant lack of energy

Post by No_Mind »

Meezer77 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:02 pm So has anyone been to or would recommend Goa? I ate lots of healthy food yesterday and am feeling a bit more positive today. Maybe placebo effect. Just met a friend for coffee and on the way back bought some almond milk.
Why Goa? It is very far from Scotland. And if you are flying this far, better that you go to Thailand .. Phuket

If you are a well adjusting foreigner who likes surprises come to India .. if you like life to be predictable, neat and clean roads, good tourism culture .. go to Thailand. Thailand is a far better destination than India for a tourist.

You will either absolutely love India or absolutely hate it .. 100% either way no greys .. Phuket is a better bet.

Watch the 16 part vlog I posted for an idea.

To be honest Phuket is better not just a better bet.

:namaste:
"The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”― Albert Camus
Meezer77

Post by Meezer77 »

Goa is pretty much guaranteed sunshine in December I've heard. Phuket might be an option too though. I'm sure I'd love India, just made might find it a bit traumatic crossing the roads
No_Mind

Post by No_Mind »

Meezer77 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:28 pm Goa is pretty much guaranteed sunshine in December I've heard. Phuket might be an option too though. I'm sure I'd love India, just made might find it a bit traumatic crossing the roads
See all parts of this 16 part vlog very carefully before you decide .. she is British (like you) so her vlog is recommended by me .. she has a Goa episode too .. she was here very recently so it is up to date

also Kara and Nate's channel .. they are travelling across India at this moment and will be going to Goa in next 2-3 days I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRb8JmP ... h7lef8atYa

"The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”― Albert Camus
Meezer77

Post by Meezer77 »

Thanks will check it out
binocular

Post by binocular »

Meezer77 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 7:36 pmI've considered taking vitamin D pills. Not sure if they would work. Is there a brand you would recommend?
For this, it's probably better to see a doctor, have them measure your vit. D level, and, if necessary give you shots of vit. D.
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
binocular

Post by binocular »

Meezer77 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:06 pm For the last few months or so I've been feeling really sluggish, with low energy and am finding it hard to get the motivation to do even simple things. I think a lot of it is due to the lack of sunlight where I'm from as when I go abroad to somewhere sunny I feel like a different person. I don't think it's just cos I'm in my 40s as I've experienced this a lot during my adult life. Has anyone else experienced this and managed to overcome it?
You're flirting with Buddhism, that's why you feel so crappy.
:tongue:
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
Meezer77

Post by Meezer77 »

binocular wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:44 pm
Meezer77 wrote: Sun Apr 08, 2018 12:06 pm For the last few months or so I've been feeling really sluggish, with low energy and am finding it hard to get the motivation to do even simple things. I think a lot of it is due to the lack of sunlight where I'm from as when I go abroad to somewhere sunny I feel like a different person. I don't think it's just cos I'm in my 40s as I've experienced this a lot during my adult life. Has anyone else experienced this and managed to overcome it?
You're flirting with Buddhism, that's why you feel so crappy.

😝 I was miserable before I discovered Buddhism. Not sure if it's vitamin D deficiency, but I do know for certain that the sun improves my mood. But on the contrary the concept of impermanence helps me immensely.
binocular

Post by binocular »

Meezer77 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:02 pmNot sure if it's vitamin D deficiency, but I do know for certain that the sun improves my mood. But on the contrary the concept of impermanence helps me immensely.
We've been having bright sunny days. I've done about 5% of the work that I need to do in the garden and around the property by about May 1st, depending on the weather. I get to be in the sun a lot. I'm dog tired and feel a lack of energy. I don't like impermanence right now, because that means thinking that very soon, I will have to dig over the whole garden again. And then again.
I'm actually so tired that I'm giggling. (That's the kind of tired one gets from a lot of physical exertion in the fresh air and sun.)
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
binocular

Post by binocular »

Meezer77 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:02 pmI was miserable before I discovered Buddhism.
/.../
But on the contrary the concept of impermanence helps me immensely.
If you still feel miserable, then the concept of impermanence hasn't been helping you immensely, but just a little.
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
Meezer77

Post by Meezer77 »

Is the gardening a hobby or something you have to do?
binocular

Post by binocular »

Meezer77 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:17 pmIs the gardening a hobby or something you have to do?
I have to do it. But when I'm this tired, it's easy to think of it as a hobby, too.
:woohoo:
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
Meezer77

Post by Meezer77 »

binocular wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:20 pm
Meezer77 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:17 pmIs the gardening a hobby or something you have to do?
I have to do it. But when I'm this tired, it's easy to think of it as a hobby, too.
:woohoo:
Sounds like the endorphins have kicked in.
Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

:smile:

I'm not sure if either of you need this now but I will just leave this here for you ...
THE Camel's hump is an ugly lump
Which well you may see at the Zoo;
But uglier yet is the hump we get
From having too little to do.

Kiddies and grown-ups too-oo-oo,
If we haven't enough to do-oo-oo,
We get the humpó
Cameelious humpó
The hump that is black and blue!

We climb out of bed with a frouzly head,
And a snarly-yarly voice.
We shiver and scowl and we grunt and we growl
At our bath and our boots and our toys;

And there ought to be a corner for me
(And I know' there is one for you)
When we get the humpó
Cameelious humpó

The cure for this ill is not to sit still,
Or frowst with a book by the fire;
But to take a large hoe and a shovel also,
And dig till you gently perspire;

And then you will find that the sun and the wind,
And the Djinn of the Garden too,
Have lifted the humpó
The horrible humpó

I get it as well as you-oo-oo
If I haven't enough to do-oo-oo!
We all get humpó
Cameelious humpó
Kiddies and grown-ups too!
http://www.kiplingsociety.co.uk/poems_hump.htm

Kim
Meezer77

Post by Meezer77 »

Kim OHara

Post by Kim OHara »

Meezer77 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:17 pm http://russia-now.com/wp-content/upload ... icture.jpg

That's me some days
:rofl:

:twothumbsup:
Kim