Detox

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Disciple

Detox

Post by Disciple »

Hi,

What is the best and fastest way to detoxify the body from chemicals?
Mkoll

Re: Detox

Post by Mkoll »

What chemicals exactly?

Regardless, general rules. #1, stop exposing yourself to them. Drink lots of water, eat a clean diet and make sure you're meeting your nutritional requirements. Stay away from alcohol and drugs. I wouldn't pay money for supplements. Keep it simple and give it time...unless you've been exposed to something dangerous like toxic levels of heavy metals in which case you should see a doctor.
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa
SarathW

Post by SarathW »

a good advice from Mkoll.
Sweating is another way to detox your body. Do some exercise or go to a sauna and swimming.
Practice Metta meditation.
============
"Monks, eleven advantages are to be expected from the release (deliverance) of heart by familiarizing oneself with thoughts of loving-kindness (metta), by the cultivation of loving-kindness, by constantly increasing these thoughts, by regarding loving-kindness as a vehicle (of expression), and also as something to be treasured, by living in conformity with these thoughts, by putting these ideas into practice, and by establishing them. What are the eleven?

1. "He sleeps in comfort. 2. He awakes in comfort. 3. He sees no evil dreams. 4. He is dear to human beings. 5. He is dear to non-human beings. 6. Devas (gods) protect him. 7. Fire, poison, and sword cannot touch him. 8. His mind can concentrate quickly. 9. His countenance is serene. 10. He dies without being confused in mind. 11. If he fails to attain arahantship (the highest sanctity) here and now, he will be reborn in the brahma-world.

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka ... .piya.html
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Disciple

Post by Disciple »

Right on. Thanks guys
Circle5

Post by Circle5 »

They tried to make me go to rehab
But I said, no, no, no
Disciple

Post by Disciple »

Circle5 wrote:They tried to make me go to rehab
But I said, no, no, no
You should. It will be good for you.
Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Disciple wrote:
But I said, no, no, no
Those are some lyrics from the Amy Winehouse song, Rehab. She had serious substance abuse problems and died young because of them.
Disciple

Post by Disciple »

Mkoll wrote:
Disciple wrote:
But I said, no, no, no
Those are some lyrics from the Amy Winehouse song, Rehab. She had serious substance abuse problems and died young because of them.
Understood but what does that have to do with the topic?
lostitude

Post by lostitude »

Your body is already equipped to detoxify itself, that's your liver's main task. Getting rid of 'toxins' (whichever they may be) through various detox products is a multi-million dollar business that seriously lacks any scientific justification.
mario92

Post by mario92 »

I saw a documentary of a wat in thailand, wat thamkrabok, they use a special-secret formula to detox the body in short time, i dont know what is the formula.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6Oeds8kHtk
CedarTree

Post by CedarTree »

He was probably making a joke on detox thinking it was about drugs. Making the subtle hint if those are the chemicals your looking to clean out go to rehab before you die... Lol

Practice, Practice, Practice

Mkoll

Post by Mkoll »

Yes I think so. Jokes always lose their humor when explained. :sage:
bazzaman

Post by bazzaman »

lostitude wrote:Your body is already equipped to detoxify itself, that's your liver's main task. Getting rid of 'toxins' (whichever they may be) through various detox products is a multi-million dollar business that seriously lacks any scientific justification.
A professor of complementary medicine agrees: http://bit.ly/2fN4Jqt
an excerpt from the Guardian article:
"“Let’s be clear,” says Edzard Ernst, emeritus professor of complementary medicine at Exeter University, “there are two types of detox: one is respectable and the other isn’t.” The respectable one, he says, is the medical treatment of people with life-threatening drug addictions. “The other is the word being hijacked by entrepreneurs, quacks and charlatans to sell a bogus treatment that allegedly detoxifies your body of toxins you’re supposed to have accumulated.”

If toxins did build up in a way your body couldn’t excrete, he says, you’d likely be dead or in need of serious medical intervention. “The healthy body has kidneys, a liver, skin, even lungs that are detoxifying as we speak,” he says. “There is no known way – certainly not through detox treatments – to make something that works perfectly well in a healthy body work better.”
Atāṇo loko anabhissaro...

Yena yena hi maññanti tato taṃ hoti aññathā,
Circle5

Post by Circle5 »

Disciple wrote:
But I said, no, no, no
No way
Disciple

Post by Disciple »

CedarTree wrote:
He was probably making a joke on detox thinking it was about drugs. Making the subtle hint if those are the chemicals your looking to clean out go to rehab before you die... Lol
Oh, how pleasant. I wasn't referring to drugs or anything of that sort.