Misophonia

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Myotai

Misophonia

Post by Myotai »

Hi everyone,

Does anyone else suffer from Misophonia or have any experience of it? I have recently realised that this is something that I have been experiencing for over 30 years.

_/|\_
SarathW

Re: Misophonia

Post by SarathW »

I have never heard it before, so I found it on Wikipedia.

============

Misophonia, literally "hatred of sound", was proposed in 2000 as a condition in which negative emotions, thoughts, and physical reactions are triggered by specific sounds. It is also called "select sound sensitivity syndrome" and "sound-rage".[1][2] Misophonia has no classification as an auditory, neurological, or psychiatric condition, there are no standard diagnostic criteria, it is not recognized in the DSM-IV or the ICD-10, and there is little research on how common it is or the treatment. Proponents suggest misophonia can adversely affect ability to achieve life goals and to enjoy social situations. Treatment consists of developing coping strategies such as cognitive behavioral therapy and exposure therapy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misophonia
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
Myotai

Post by Myotai »

Yep, thats the one.....
binocular

Post by binocular »

Sorry, it just doesn't seem to be something special.
If the official scientific community thinks it's something new, then that's their issue, not ours.

It can easily be observed that people have intense reactions of either liking or disliking to various sights. Why wouldn't it be the same with the other senses?
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!