Any yoga or spiritual practice or any advice for overcoming mental tiredness?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
purple1

Any yoga or spiritual practice or any advice for overcoming mental tiredness?

Post by purple1 »

Hello, can someone tell me any yoga or spiritual practice or any advice for overcoming mental tiredness? I have serious anxiety disorder since years with tiredness. I take tranquilizer sometimes (not every day). When I go somewhere and spend some hours out of my house I get very tired, mentally tired. When I go to home I go to sleep at the afternoon. After sleeping a hour at afternoon I get more fresh but after a hour i get tired again. At nights i usually sleep 7 or 8 hours. It is not always deep sleeping. Meditation does not makes me tired but if i go somewhere and spend some hours out of my house i get very tired. (mentally) I can not drink coffee, i tried drank coffee but it ended up in hurry to the toilet. I would be happy if someone could advice any yoga or spiritual practice or any advice. Thank you very much. With much metta :buddha1:
purple1

Re: Any yoga or spiritual practice or any advice for overcoming mental tiredness?

Post by purple1 »

User156079 wrote:Do you eat much? Similar topic https://dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f ... 66#p415866
No I do not eat much.
User156079

Re: Any yoga or spiritual practice or any advice for overcoming mental tiredness?

Post by User156079 »

check out the commentary to Satipatthana Sutta as well,
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/auth ... html#sloth
purple1

Post by purple1 »

User156079 wrote:check out the commentary to Satipatthana Sutta as well,
http://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/auth ... html#sloth
Thank you :thanks:
paul

Post by paul »

Are you a vegetarian?
purple1

Post by purple1 »

paul wrote:Are you a vegetarian?
No, sometimes i eat meat. Not often. Sometimes. Why do you ask it?
Phena

Post by Phena »

Hi purple1,

Do you have a well balanced diet? What about sugar in your diet, do you have a lot of sweet foods, drinks? Too much sugar can cause a crash after an initial energy burst.

Would it be worthwhile having a blood test for a number of things including for diabetes?
purple1

Post by purple1 »

Phena wrote:Hi purple1,

Do you have a well balanced diet? What about sugar in your diet, do you have a lot of sweet foods, drinks? Too much sugar can cause a crash after an initial energy burst.

Would it be worthwhile having a blood test for a number of things including for diabetes?
Too much sugar? I do not think it is too much sugar that I eat a few sweets (not every day, but almost everyday) and drink tea with sugar everyday (one couple daily, sometimes two couples).

Blood test is a good idea but my doctor already sent me to blood test.
purple1

Post by purple1 »

I am overweight a little, if it is an important information. In the past i ate very much sweets and it made me fat a little.
purple1

Post by purple1 »

I do not really like when peoples are around me. I do not really like peoples, except a few peoples who are important in my life. My energy always goes out from me when i spend few or some hours in the sociality. Sometimes i feel anxious when i am on the streets. I think the problem is not in the foods.
Phena

Post by Phena »

purple1 wrote:I do not really like when peoples are around me. I do not really like peoples, except a few peoples who are important in my life. My energy always goes out from me when i spend few or some hours in the sociality. Sometimes i feel anxious when i am on the streets. I think the problem is not in the foods.
Has the Dhamma helped with the social anxiety?

Do you think there maybe a stress link if it's not related to diet? Have you considered some professional help, purple1?
purple1

Post by purple1 »

Phena wrote: Has the Dhamma helped with the social anxiety?
No.
Phena wrote:Do you think there maybe a stress link if it's not related to diet? Have you considered some professional help, purple1?
Yes... didn't helped. The only thing which help is my medication.
paul

Post by paul »

From what you have said your "condition" sounds like a normal consequence of meditation. If you get involved in Buddhist practice you become more and more sensitive to environments and thoughts as a result of focussed concentration. You cannot expect to go on living as a puthujjana with developed concentration, you have to adapt your environment to support your meditation. There are guidelines for how to do this in Vism. IV: 34. There is a reason the Buddha repeatedly said to go to the foot of a tree in the forest to meditate, the visual and auditory energies of nature are harmonised, whereas those in a man-made environment are crude. The more focussed your concentration becomes and the more knowledge you have, the more those energies affect you, so you follow the Buddhas instructions and seek a suitable natural environment.
Phena

Post by Phena »

paul wrote:From what you have said your "condition" sounds like a normal consequence of meditation. If you get involved in Buddhist practice you become more and more sensitive to environments and thoughts as a result of focussed concentration. You cannot expect to go on living as a puthujjana with developed concentration, you have to adapt your environment to support your meditation. There are guidelines for how to do this in Vism. IV: 34. There is a reason the Buddha repeatedly said to go to the foot of a tree in the forest to meditate, the visual and auditory energies of nature are harmonised, whereas those in a man-made environment are crude. The more focussed your concentration becomes and the more knowledge you have, the more those energies affect you, so you follow the Buddhas instructions and seek a suitable natural environment.
:goodpost:

I would add also that it maybe worthwhile backing-off meditation for awhile to see how this effects your situation. Decrease the amount of time and move away from deeper concentration states and maybe try a more open, mindful and less absorbed approach. Try this approach with walking meditation, which also (I find) increases energy levels.