Any yoga or spiritual practice or any advice for overcoming mental tiredness?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
binocular

Re: Any yoga or spiritual practice or any advice for overcoming mental tiredness?

Post by binocular »

purple1 wrote:I do not really like when peoples are around me. I do not really like peoples, except a few peoples who are important in my life. My energy always goes out from me when i spend few or some hours in the sociality. Sometimes i feel anxious when i am on the streets. I think the problem is not in the foods.
Maybe you are what is sometimes called an "unskilled empath." This is a term from pop-psychology, and controversial. Nevertheless, the basic idea seems to be interesting and valid enough: thinking too much about others makes one vulnerable and weak.

One basically needs to learn to focus on one's priorities, especially in the presence of others. That's not easy to do, though, but I think the practice of the Dhamma could help with this. Not so much meditation, but reflecting on the importance of keeping good company and then putting those insights into action.

For some ideas, you might consult Thanissaro Bhikkhu's talks on these topics, at http://www.dhammatalks.org/mp3_index.html , keywords "priorities," "friendship," "friends," "alone," "others."
Hic Rhodus, hic salta!
cjmacie

Re: Any yoga or spiritual practice or any advice for overcoming mental tiredness?

Post by cjmacie »

purple1 wrote:Hello, can someone tell me any yoga or spiritual practice or any advice for overcoming mental tiredness? ...
give the mind a break...

lostitude

Post by lostitude »

Do you go to bed around the same time every night?
I used to have a very similar problem, and it has gotten much better since I started being more consistent with my sleep schedule, always trying to go to bed at a fixed time.
CedarTree

Post by CedarTree »

cjmacie wrote:
purple1 wrote:Hello, can someone tell me any yoga or spiritual practice or any advice for overcoming mental tiredness? ...
give the mind a break...

This was great, I am actually thinking of getting more into tai chi.

Was looking for youtube channels and things for beginners and that can show ways to progress and be guided :)

Practice, Practice, Practice