Urine use

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
SarathW

Re: Urine use

Post by SarathW » Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:38 am

Another urine enthusiast:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UM86a8lWVWg

PS: Please note that I do not drink my own urine. But this is an interesting subject to explore.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

bazzaman

Post by bazzaman » Sat Aug 13, 2016 12:28 am

Some years ago I did retreats at a well known forest monastery in Burma. There were a lot of foreign monks and yogis there; and so, in addition to traditional Burmese folk-medicine, Chinese traditional medical views, and Western 'new age' views were in circulation.
Malaria was common there; and urine therapy was widely used as a prophylactic by many of the yogis.
I came to know a Western monk who had been at the monastery for seven years. During that time, while he was drinking his own urine, he contracted malaria four times.
Despite being well-educated, and highly intelligent , the power of group-think is such that it took him so long to conclude that drinking urine was ineffective as a malaria prophylactic.
This, of course, is just anecdotal evidence, so true-believers please feel free to ignore.
Atāṇo loko anabhissaro...

Yena yena hi maññanti tato taṃ hoti aññathā,

Sprouticus

Post by Sprouticus » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:59 am

Urine is sterile in the bladder, but as it exits the body it picks up bacteria. While one's own urine may be safer to drink than tap water in the event of a natural dsaster, it is not pure.
Namo buddhaya

denise

Post by denise » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:56 am

saw Netflix documentary the other night about Myanmar....people eat hard boiled eggs that have been soaked in the urine of male children....

davidbrainerd

Post by davidbrainerd » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:21 pm

ihrjordan wrote: Buddhist monks were given clearance and even encouragement to utilise it; it could even be argued that Jesus prompted his followers to make use of their urine:

"Drink waters out of thine own cistern, and running waters out of thine own well. "

Proverbs 5:15
I think there's a lot of disinformation in your post, most of it simply copy and pasted from urine drinker websites, not like you purposefully put together misinfomation. But this one piece is all I'll comment on because its so obvious how false it is. And its a good case in point in being careful not to accidentally misrepresent Scripture from another religion to push a pseudo-science theory.

(1) Proverbs is from the Old Testament; its not Jesus. Its traditionally attributed to Solomon.
(2) Read the whole chapter of Proverbs 5. The whole chapter is about avoiding whores and prostitutes. "Drinking water" is being used there as a metaphor for sex, and a "cistern" is figurative here for a woman. "Drinking water from your own well" in that context means "have sex with your own wife."

Saoshun

Post by Saoshun » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:59 pm

I use urine for skin and eyes. I have great irritation of eyes that no drops could help, after five minutes after washing up eye with urine the eye recovered (which could not after therapies). It's also great acne remedy.

I didn't have prior knowledge towards urine it comes from the body like hunger and other, it's was biological response to own body reaction and imbalance but do not think that urine is some miracle cure. Sometimes it will work if you find it right for the cause and use.
Remember… the Buddha had said that everyone living in this world is crazy, by the phrase, “Sabbē prutajjana ummattakā”; excluding the Arahants, everyone else is crazy. Would you get angry if a mad person scolds? Do we get angry for a crazy thing done by a crazy person? Just think about it! :candle:

davidbrainerd

Post by davidbrainerd » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:48 pm

Tea tree oil works great for acne. Ginger is good for your stomach. Urine is good for giving you bad breath.

Saoshun

Post by Saoshun » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:51 pm

It's whiten teeth also and takes bad scent like soda also. There are some useful things that comes to urine.
Remember… the Buddha had said that everyone living in this world is crazy, by the phrase, “Sabbē prutajjana ummattakā”; excluding the Arahants, everyone else is crazy. Would you get angry if a mad person scolds? Do we get angry for a crazy thing done by a crazy person? Just think about it! :candle:

L.N.

Post by L.N. » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:53 pm

Our personal revulsion to the practice notwithstanding, there are intelligent, caring individuals who believe urine can have medicinal value. Maybe it is just some placebo effect, but regardless, in some cultures it is helpful and comforting.
Sire patitthitā Buddhā
Dhammo ca tava locane
Sangho patitthitō tuiham
uresabba gunākaro

愿众佛坐在我的头顶, 佛法在我的眼中, 僧伽,功德的根源, 端坐在我的肩上。

mario92

Post by mario92 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 12:44 pm

Urine can have parasits and virus of typhoid.

Aloka

Post by Aloka » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:02 pm

Urine can have parasits and virus of typhoid.
According to a recent science magazine, drinking urine can bring you down with all kinds of unpleasant illnesses because its body waste, not medicine.

Do people who drink urine eat their own faeces as well ? Mmm, a plate of poo washed down with a cup of pee..... :tongue:

SarathW

Post by SarathW » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:17 pm

Do people who drink urine eat their own faeces as well ?
Faeces from healthy person is used as medicine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6RBfoITbls
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

Aloka

Post by Aloka » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:34 pm

SarathW wrote:
Do people who drink urine eat their own faeces as well ?
Faeces from healthy person is used as medicine.
It isn't being eaten by the person who has produced it (or by anyone else).