Simple Diet please?

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Chi
Posts: 130
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:18 pm
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Contact:

Re: Simple Diet please?

Post by Chi » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:43 am

gabrielles wrote:I didn't choose to live in america.
My mom's vagina did. Just saying.
You have no idea how lucky you are to be born in the United States. I used to also have a somewhat negative perspective on my home country, but after having traveled to other parts of the world, I have recognized how grateful I am that all the food, shelter, clothing, and medicine I could ever need is literally usually right around the corner.

It's all in your mind Gabrielle. Anger and hatred is a good driving force to get one started on the path, but it's gotta be seen for what it is. Opinions are what keep you from being happy.
gabrielles wrote:
They government and the world created money, i am not in need of it.

THe only reason i had to get food stamps is because of this society.
Not my fault
This is the type of laziness that needs to be uprooted in your practice. Are you not grateful that you get to eat for free? Other people work hard so that you can eat... does this ever cross your mind? The best thing you can do is to practice meditation intensely and to liberate yourself. That way, you can help others and alleviate the debt you owe to society.
gabrielles wrote: That is why my body won't literally let me heart move me to work work work in a world where i work till i cant walk no more. I'm having a great lifestyle . a easy and spiritually rewarding LIFESTYLE . That none of you have felt apparently?
If you are having an easy lifestyle, you are probably not practicing "spirituality" in anyway that is conducive to liberation. Make sure not to confuse laziness and spirituality. They are two completely different animals, although the spiritual life can at times seem to be lazy. Spiritual life is to uproot anger and laziness and confusion, not to enforce these mind states. Karma is a very powerful force, and the intentions, speech, and actions (or non-actions) you put into this world will also manifest themselves as results in your life. It may seem all great at this time, but ingratitude and laziness and anger are bound to bring terrible results.

I hope you have the opportunity to practice meditation and see how the mind is working.

with compassion,
Chi
Do Good, Avoid Evil, Purify the Mind.

User avatar
gabrielles
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Simple Diet please?

Post by gabrielles » Fri Jul 06, 2012 10:39 pm

my lifestyle is not easy. I've learned to live on the land because i am homeless. since 2010.

This argument isnt answering my questions. I really appreciate the people who did inbox me.
I go through more than any female should go through.
Ive had to do things i didnt want to do just to eat, so believe me i treasure everytime i can eat.

I am not lazy.

I practice the dharma. All i asked is something to help me out while I am getting myself together.
In 2 years - I will be living in a home , where as i will work to support my wife.

I appreciate everything ive been through. I know what its like to never have money.

Ive found happiness beyond money. When the time comes and i can repay my girlfriend for saving my life, I will be helping her and contributing to HER life and the debt i owe to society will be paid. I love her, so much. Thanks to those again who are sweet (:

nameless
Posts: 164
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Re: Simple Diet please?

Post by nameless » Sat Jul 07, 2012 2:42 am

Just a very rough guide as I'm no expert, but normally I would eat a main of carbohydrates (rice, pasta, bread etc.) with a protein dish (other than meat, tofu and eggs are also ok), and a vegetable dish. Probably not a great balanced diet but no specific deficiencies either I think, as long as you don't eat the same thing day after day.

At some point I realized the amount I eat boiled down to mostly habit and my own misconceptions. When I wanted to eat burgers for example, I would have 2 for a meal, just because that was what I always had. But really 1 was enough. The 'fullness' sort of settles in a little after I eat (I don't know how others experience 'fullness') so if I'm still eating at the point I feel full I'm eating more than I need. I suppose you can try things out for yourself.

corrine
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:33 pm

Re: Simple Diet please?

Post by corrine » Sat Jul 07, 2012 5:46 pm

First, I truly think that work is a vital part of life. I am now retired but because I believe in the importance of good work, I am a full time volunteer at a library. Work gives life purpose and, when we retire, volunteer work adds a positive dimension to our lives. It allows us to give something back. So I am a big believer in the idea that all humans need to work.

As to a simple, inexpensive diet - I pretty much live on big bags of carrots, mixed greens, fruits of all kinds, corn, whole grain breads, whole grain cereals, peanut butter (I am able to get the kind that you grind yourself at the store so you can buy only as much as you need, there are no additional ingredients and it is much cheaper), brown rice etc. All of these things can be purchased for very little money. Heck, the rice is only about 49 cents a pound when I purchase it from the big bins. However, if one has no cooking facilities, then one can stick to raw fruits and veggies, whole grain breads, peanut butter and the like. If you buy only what you need, refrigeration is not an issue.

As to the weight thing. I am small - 5feet four inches tall, and in my old age I have found that I cannot eat more than 1400 calories without gaining weight. But I can eat a lot of fruit and veggies and even breads and cereals without reaching that total.

The most valuable advice I would give anyone who does not want to work unless the situation is ideal, would be to say that nothing in this life is ideal. We take a situation and make the best of it. If we look at a work issue as not a negative, but an opportunity to learn and adjust and accept, we can grow from it. I have worked my entire life and, at times, had to work in very unpleasant circumstances, but from my present vantage point, some of those situations were the very ones that helped me to grow and mature.

corrine

User avatar
Ben
Posts: 18442
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:49 am
Location: kanamaluka

Re: Simple Diet please?

Post by Ben » Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:01 am

corrine wrote:First, I truly think that work is a vital part of life. I am now retired but because I believe in the importance of good work, I am a full time volunteer at a library. Work gives life purpose and, when we retire, volunteer work adds a positive dimension to our lives. It allows us to give something back. So I am a big believer in the idea that all humans need to work.

As to a simple, inexpensive diet - I pretty much live on big bags of carrots, mixed greens, fruits of all kinds, corn, whole grain breads, whole grain cereals, peanut butter (I am able to get the kind that you grind yourself at the store so you can buy only as much as you need, there are no additional ingredients and it is much cheaper), brown rice etc. All of these things can be purchased for very little money. Heck, the rice is only about 49 cents a pound when I purchase it from the big bins. However, if one has no cooking facilities, then one can stick to raw fruits and veggies, whole grain breads, peanut butter and the like. If you buy only what you need, refrigeration is not an issue.

As to the weight thing. I am small - 5feet four inches tall, and in my old age I have found that I cannot eat more than 1400 calories without gaining weight. But I can eat a lot of fruit and veggies and even breads and cereals without reaching that total.

The most valuable advice I would give anyone who does not want to work unless the situation is ideal, would be to say that nothing in this life is ideal. We take a situation and make the best of it. If we look at a work issue as not a negative, but an opportunity to learn and adjust and accept, we can grow from it. I have worked my entire life and, at times, had to work in very unpleasant circumstances, but from my present vantage point, some of those situations were the very ones that helped me to grow and mature.

corrine
:goodpost:
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: ben.dhammawheel@gmail.com..

User avatar
gabrielles
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:29 pm
Contact:

Re: Simple Diet please?

Post by gabrielles » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:08 am

haha i like how everyone is addicted to working for a government that doesnt even care about us personally.

Enjoy.xD ENJOY.

User avatar
Wesley1982
Posts: 49
Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 8:22 pm

Re: Simple Diet please?

Post by Wesley1982 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 5:01 pm

Well, you would get bread,fruit,vegetables,cheese and crackers.

User avatar
Eccedustin
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:56 pm
Location: Tallahassee, Fl

Re: Simple Diet please?

Post by Eccedustin » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:10 am

gabrielles wrote:haha i like how everyone is addicted to working for a government that doesnt even care about us personally.

Enjoy.xD ENJOY.

We work for ourselves and, if we are lucky enough to have a good job that allows it, for the help of other people.

Does the "government" care about us? I know, obviously, certain government officials and some politicians do and some don't. As a whole, however, the question is moot. Does this mean that we shouldn't work? No.

We should all work, if we can.
The universe is awake, conscious and aware of itself! The universe is awake, conscious and aware of itself because we are awake, conscious and aware of ourselves. We are the not just in the universe, we are the universe.

User avatar
Durt_Dawg
Posts: 37
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:43 am

Re: Simple Diet please?

Post by Durt_Dawg » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:14 am

Eccedustin wrote:Does the "government" care about us? I know, obviously, certain government officials and some politicians do and some don't. As a whole, however, the question is moot. Does this mean that we shouldn't work? No.

We should all work, if we can.
I think we should all be very gratiful for da good conditions dat we have right now... I hate to think how we can practice da Dharma if we didn't cultivate enough merits to be born in da first world countries right now! If I is in da war torn middle east right now, I probably won't be doin much compassion! I be wastin a homeboy wid a hand canon or somethang!!! arrghh! :guns:
Lets b fwendssss!!!!

harveysmith27
Posts: 15
Joined: Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Simple Diet please?

Post by harveysmith27 » Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:21 am

Simple diet is just take milk, egg, juice and fruit.
its very simple cheap and best diet.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 18 guests