More effort in 2020

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
No_Mind

More effort in 2020

Post by No_Mind »

I have been off balance from October. Practice waned a bit. Was not focused and single-minded like the 12 months prior to it.

A new year is almost here. Look to return to practice with double the effort and much wiser. Also lose 10 more kilos (lost 10 kilos this year).

That would mean no more insipid interjections here for a while.

Have a great start to 2020 all kalyanmittas.

It is also the start of a new decade. Either mankind will proceed to irreversibly damage the planet in next 3650 days or rescue itself and maybe find the Dhamma.

If climate change does not reverse, my home will be flooded this time a decade hence (according to an UN report in September). Hope is all we have.

:hug:

:namaste:
"The struggle itself toward the heights is enough to fill a man's heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”― Albert Camus

Dhammanando

Re: More effort in 2020

Post by Dhammanando »

No_Mind wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:14 am
I have been off balance from October. Practice waned a bit. Was not focused and single-minded like the 12 months prior to it.

A new year is almost here. Look to return to practice with double the effort and much wiser. Also lose 10 more kilos (lost 10 kilos this year).

Have a great start to 2020 all kalyanmittas.
Best wishes for a single-minded new year. But do please drop by when you have the time and inclination; your contributions aren't in the least insipid.

:hello:
“Keep to your own pastures, bhikkhus, walk in the haunts where your fathers roamed.
If ye thus walk in them, Māra will find no lodgement, Māra will find no foothold.”
— Cakkavattisīhanāda Sutta

SDC

Re: More effort in 2020

Post by SDC »

No_Mind wrote:
Fri Dec 27, 2019 7:14 am
Aside from a few slips here and there - which we all have - your posting has never lacked the overall intent to gain knowledge. I hope to see you back very soon.