Veganism: a host of issues.

A place to discuss health and fitness, healthy diets. A fit body makes for a fit mind.
Sam Vara

Re: Veganism: a host of issues.

Post by Sam Vara » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:09 pm

budo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:56 pm

See the first page of this thread with the review study on "Man the fat hunter"
The abstract is about presenting a hypothesis that a newer hominin followed homo erectus as a result of the decline of elephants.

What's that got to do with anything "going against evolution"?

budo

Post by budo » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:38 pm

Sam Vara wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:09 pm
budo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:56 pm

See the first page of this thread with the review study on "Man the fat hunter"
The abstract is about presenting a hypothesis that a newer hominin followed homo erectus as a result of the decline of elephants.

What's that got to do with anything "going against evolution"?
Guess you didn't read the part that it's eating meat that made our brain sizes bigger and allowed us to specialize and separate from our chimp ancestors. Each new Homo species had higher brain weight due to meat and fat consumption.

This hypothesis is backed by isotope analysis, https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 111704.htm

What does it have to do with going against evolution? Our shrinking brain size due to a modern omnivore diet (let alone vegan diet) because the brain is the most expensive tissue which requires high nutrient density like fat. Probably not eating enough high dense protein and fat. Hell, even myself as a semi-carnivore, am not eating enough protein according to the famous low carb 85 year old Dr. Bernstein.

Read about the expensive tissue hypothesis which is already largely accepted for the past 50+ years in mainstream science: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expensive ... hypothesis

That means all that fiber and low nutrient density food you're eating is insufficient in meeting your brain's energy requirements (which is heavily dependent on D3 and cholesterol).

Sam Vara

Post by Sam Vara » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:09 pm

budo wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:38 pm

What does it have to do with going against evolution? Our shrinking brain size due to a modern omnivore diet (let alone vegan diet) because the brain is the most expensive tissue which requires high nutrient density like fat.
If our brains are getting smaller, then how is that "going against evolution"? Changes to our bodies in response to selective pressures are precisely what evolution is.
That means all that fiber and low nutrient density food you're eating is insufficient in meeting your brain's energy requirements (which is heavily dependent on D3 and cholesterol).
And how would that be manifested in real life? If you specify some symptoms for a brain's energy requirements not being met, then any of them being manifested now would tend to support the hypothesis. If not, then the hypothesis remains unproven, doesn't it.

So, what should we be looking for?

seeker242

Post by seeker242 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:08 am

Sam Vara wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:09 pm
So, what should we be looking for?
Go back to being a hunter gather and stop pooping indoors, stop driving cars, stop living in buildings, stop wearing clothes, because all those things are completely unnatural. Just go live naked in the forest and eat stuff out of the dirt.

:jumping: :rofl:

samsarictravelling

Post by samsarictravelling » Fri Jul 12, 2019 3:53 am

How I eat (or part of how I eat, because I do not reveal everything about myself; we'll see how much I say in this post):

I eat both meat and vegetables and fruit. I eat all healthy foods, whether they are animal or plant (vegetables and fruits) in origin.

I find eating vegetables, whether cooked or uncooked, but without anything like oil or sugar added to it preferably, I imagine cleans my large intestines.

Eating uncooked vegetables and being vegetarian also allows me to clean my system, is what I believed when I was growing up. I possibly do so today also. Except I will cook my vegetables sometimes now (that's all I'll say).

Eating whole wheat bread is good, or brown rice is good. But eating white rice is for enjoyment.

Eating meat is good.

samsarictravelling

EDIT: I did not say one thing, but now will say it:

This must be practiced: Never to eat meat that has been seen, heard, or suspected having been killed for one specifically.

samsarictravelling