Donate to a real buddhist monastery from home?

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
Handyacc

Donate to a real buddhist monastery from home?

Post by Handyacc » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:12 am

Hello everybody

I would like to donate some money to real buddhistic monasteries in south-eastern Asia.

Where can I find such a possibility with correct bank datas? And how can i get sure that it is no scam?

Does anybody of you have any positive or serious experience with that?

Thank you so much _()_

JamesTheGiant

Re: Donate to a real buddhist monastery from home?

Post by JamesTheGiant » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:48 am

I don't have any experience with donating to a monastery in southeast Asia, because I like to donate to monasteries in my home country. They need the money more, because there aren't many Buddhists in my country to give them money.

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:50 am

Greetings,
JamesTheGiant wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:48 am
I don't have any experience with donating to a monastery in southeast Asia, because I like to donate to monasteries in my home country. They need the money more, because there aren't many Buddhists in my country to give them money.
Likewise.

It also eliminates the fear of scams, and loss due to currency conversion.

:geek:

Metta,
Paul. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

“Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.” (Flannery O'Connor)

dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:17 pm

JamesTheGiant wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:48 am
Exact same here. Also, frequently there are volunteer run foundation at the monasteries in my country (USA) who ensure the money goes to good use in conjunction with the Abbot.