Retreat centers in Australia, where one can stay for a month?

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
manas

Retreat centers in Australia, where one can stay for a month?

Post by manas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:24 am

I'm wondering if there are such places? I would be looking for a residential meditation retreat (can follow 8 precepts for the duration). Most retreats seem limited to nine days or even less, but as I'm homeless at the moment, and travelling from place to place, I'd prefer a month. I've been intending to do this for a long time, and now that one of my kids is living independently, and the other lives full-time with her mother, there's no longer any reason for me not to do a longer retreat. Any recommendations or advice would be welcome.
How often we regret having said too much, and how seldom, too little!

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Re: Retreat centers in Australia, where one can stay for a month?

Post by retrofuturist » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:28 am

Greetings,

I have stayed here before, for a period of several days... https://www.facebook.com/DahamNiketanaya/

You could contact them and see if it's viable to stay for longer than that.

(The limit of my previous visits was due to my available time, not to a limit imposed by them)

Metta,
Paul. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

“Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.” (Flannery O'Connor)

manas

Re: Retreat centers in Australia, where one can stay for a month?

Post by manas » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:53 pm

retrofuturist wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:28 am
Greetings,

I have stayed here before, for a period of several days... https://www.facebook.com/DahamNiketanaya/

You could contact them and see if it's viable to stay for longer than that.

(The limit of my previous visits was due to my available time, not to a limit imposed by them)

Metta,
Paul. :)
Thanks, Paul. I will contact them and ask. :anjali:
How often we regret having said too much, and how seldom, too little!