Europe monastery (forest monk) as good as in asian?

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
Alīno

Re: Europe monastery (forest monk) as good as in asian?

Post by Alīno »

fornoxe wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:46 pm Good to know ;)

So you should or have to bring food there? Everyone there is vegan?
Ive never been there but this i think everybody is vegetarian , anyway Sangha members havo choice because laity is asked to not bring meet . You have informatiin on their website ;)
Ajahn Nanadassano (before ordaining) : Venerable Ajahn, what is the bigest error that buddhist do in their practice?
Ajahn Jayasaro : They stop practicing ...
Samana Johann 1

Post by Samana Johann 1 »

Why seeking for Devadatta? As Nyom speaks french, maybe approach the wanderer Isidhamma, although not perfect, with greatings from a stranger from Cambodia, he might be of good assistence, since he has gone beyond stingyness.

Good or not good is not a matter of birth, nation, stand. Yet of cause the upanissaya toward food, person, climate... is necessary and it might be that simply the upanissayapaccayena are not given. In that case, even in front of the Buddha, or Arahant, even if hearing the good Dhamma, there is no way for real gain.

Walk, step by step. "Hans in luck"-attitude always wins. Once having no other refuge as the Gems, what ever is possible according ones Nissaya, will come it's way naturaly.
It's not clear if the possibility to take on form here is given, so also this post might be made on merely uncomfortable trust. Please don't be shy to make remark as well as to do what ever with the post you might be inspired to. Key is found here. May it be, how ever, understood as Dhamma-Dana toward the Sangha of Buddhas Savakas and those following them and not thought for any kind of trade or exchange for low purpose for the world. Feel also always welcome here.
fornoxe

Post by fornoxe »

Why seeking for Devadatta? As Nyom speaks french, maybe approach the wanderer Isidhamma, although not perfect, with greatings from a stranger from Cambodia, he might be of good assistence, since he has gone beyond stingyness.

Devadatta? because I'am vegan? well, :| I dont have any problem to be that. Does not matter actually :focus:
Isidhamma is a monastery if I understood ? I cant find any information on google and this forum. Can you explain a bit more? It the place where you stayed?

Good or not good is not a matter of birth, nation, stand. Yet of cause the upanissaya toward food, person, climate... is necessary and it might be that simply the upanissayapaccayena are not given. In that case, even in front of the Buddha, or Arahant, even if hearing the good Dhamma, there is no way for real gain.

Sorry I cant understand. I just read the upanissayapaccayena. here : http://www.abhidhamma.org/forums/index. ... wtopic=468 Can you explain a bit more what you mean?

Walk, step by step. "Hans in luck"-attitude always wins. Once having no other refuge as the Gems, what ever is possible according ones Nissaya, will come it's way naturaly.

Hans in luck, even google translate cant help me. Did you say just do nothing and It will come naturaly?

:namaste:
fornoxe

Post by fornoxe »

I am still on it.

I want to try and przctise pa-auk tradition.
In fact you dont have in europe. Thats looks easier to ordain in sri lanka too (after staying as a lay people for a while) and because you have so many monastery you can easely find your way.

But can you tell bthe difference between pa-auk (working on jhanas and abhidhamma) and forest tradition? :namaste:

I will leave france end of september. Go there,try 5 10 monastery during 6 mobths.choose one.
fornoxe

Post by fornoxe »

Just nissaya in pa auk and forest (and another traditon) have to be clear by me.