English Translation of Ordination Vows?

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
JubalHenshaw

English Translation of Ordination Vows?

Post by JubalHenshaw »

Hi all,

This past weekend I became a Khmer Theravadin Monk for my father-in-law's funeral as he had no blood sons to take on the role. While I spent this time in deep meditation studying the Dhammapada and participating in the ceremonies, the prayers/vows I had to recite on Friday night and and Sunday afternoon when I was released from being a monk were in Khmer and I was a bit busy to ask for anyone for an english translation (give me the words and I can repeat them, but it doesn't exactly mean I understand them). :-)

I was wondering if anyone might have an English translation of these so I can fully understand them?
Samana Johann 1

Re: English Translation of Ordination Vows?

Post by Samana Johann 1 »

Sadhu, JubalHenshaw.

Thinking that you asked for going forth as Samanera, and in a normal Mahanikaya monastery, it will be similar to what Bhante Chuntawongso shared here.
It's not clear if the possibility to take on form here is given, so also this post might be made on merely uncomfortable trust. Please don't be shy to make remark as well as to do what ever with the post you might be inspired to. Key is found here. May it be, how ever, understood as Dhamma-Dana toward the Sangha of Buddhas Savakas and those following them and not thought for any kind of trade or exchange for low purpose for the world. Feel also always welcome here.