Dhutanga in west countries

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
rightviewftw

Re: Dhutanga in west countries

Post by rightviewftw » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:07 pm

Nwad wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:38 pm
But i read some texts about dhutanga and its said that its better to purify one's heart before to engage in... But you know what is better for you :) I wish you to success in your future practice my friend :anjali:
I just know that at home i am vulnerable to influences from Another person and have many latent defilements, there are too many Forms i dont want to look at and people do "abuse kindness", praise and blame me, i get into theological discussion as much IRL as i do on this forum...

I have people who look like me telling me to be more bussiness savvy, to partner up, not give away stuff, grind 4 cash, buy BTC, get a wife, make children, go to concerts etc. People like me in general but they usually end up slandering the Tathagata or something and i tend to call them out on it.

In example i have a christian neighbour who used to tell me that i will go to hell if i dont accept Jesus Christ as my savior... I let loose on his God of course and we dont talk anymore as he avoids me like i am satan or something.

People push limits of generosity, i recently decided to explain to a person that even tho i try to help him everytime he asks for money or requisites he should realize that unwholesome impulses like anger do arise for me and i am no saint, if pushed too much i might snap and hurt him if lapsed mindfulness.

Apart from that what makes me want to start training in solitude is that i think i can make it, i am thinking about the Dhamma from i wake up till i sleep and feel good when i do, i listen to the Dhamma even when i sleep. I rarely sleep more than 3-4 hours and often awake for several days. I have trained all day schedules before and it is best times of my life. I am certain that i will not regret leaving.

Does seem like i will have all support i need, so hopefully will make a thread about tent living in a few months:D
How to Destroy any addiction
How to Meditate: Satipatthana Mahasi
Медитация Сатипаттхана Випассана
How To Develop Factors of Enlightenment & Perceptions
Complete Manual of Insight by Mahasi Sayadaw
Tyranny of Words - An Introduction to General Semantics
Ledi Sayadaw's Anapana Dipani (Samatha) @ ffmt.fr/articles/maitres/LediS/anapana-dipani.ledi-sayadaw.pdf
Dhammapada @ myweb.ncku.edu.tw/~lsn46/tipitaka/sutta/khuddaka/dhammapada/dhp-contrast-reading/dhp-contrast-reading-en/
don't feed the trolls

Nwad

Post by Nwad » Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:31 pm

rightviewftw wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:07 pm

Does seem like i will have all support i need, so hopefully will make a thread about tent living in a few months:D
Oh i understand you !... And why you do not ordain at first ?

rightviewftw

Post by rightviewftw » Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:35 pm

Nwad wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:31 pm
rightviewftw wrote:

1. I still have studentloan
2. There is only a couple monasteries in the country
3. These monasteries are not alligned with me
4. I am hestitant to take my chances with random Asian communities and me leaving the country for more than 6 months would cost me residency permit, id renounce it as i have a Russian passport as well but i would like to have double citizenship before i ordain.
5. I dont want to be Anagarika either really, id like a Samanera ordination to begin with.
Ledi Sayadaw's Anapana Dipani (Samatha) @ ffmt.fr/articles/maitres/LediS/anapana-dipani.ledi-sayadaw.pdf
Dhammapada @ myweb.ncku.edu.tw/~lsn46/tipitaka/sutta/khuddaka/dhammapada/dhp-contrast-reading/dhp-contrast-reading-en/
don't feed the trolls

Nwad

Post by Nwad » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:01 pm

rightviewftw wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:35 pm
Nwad wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:31 pm
rightviewftw wrote:

1. I still have studentloan
2. There is only a couple monasteries in the country
3. These monasteries are not alligned with me
4. I am hestitant to take my chances with random Asian communities and me leaving the country for more than 6 months would cost me residency permit, id renounce it as i have a Russian passport as well but i would like to have double citizenship before i ordain.
5. I dont want to be Anagarika either really, id like a Samanera ordination to begin with.
Здравствуйте :) Не знал что Вы советский человек !
Oh! Iam russian to:) Happy to see you!

I understand better now... What is good is thzt you have a large choice of secluded place in Russia :) But i dont know how you will eat and drink, unless babushkas gives you some supply... You have to prepare all that little details before going forth my friend !

rightviewftw

Post by rightviewftw » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:40 pm

Nwad wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:01 pm
What is good is thzt you have a large choice of secluded place in Russia
Yeah Russia still has a lot of forest and land, especially east of siberia. Land there is good for training and is close to the 3 Buddhist republics.

I am thinking maybe one can live on a dumpster place or something, eating garbage and wearing rags. It is what homeless people do isnt it? Maybe it is best to do that until non-return :shrug:

Does anybody know good dumpster locations with lax visa policy or little law enforcement?
don't feed the trolls