Wat Pa Ratanawan contact

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
maxtran2711

Wat Pa Ratanawan contact

Post by maxtran2711 »

Hello all,

Does any of you know how to contact this monastery in Thailand (email or whatever)? I am a Vietnamese monk and would love to stay in this temple by Ajahn Nyadhammo to practice. Do you know if they accept new monks to stay for months? Is Ajahn Sumedho still here?

Thank you very much,
Vimuttacitta
ryanM

Re: Wat Pa Ratanawan contact

Post by ryanM »

I searched for ‘wat pa ratanawan’ on google and got a hit for a DW thread. I’d recommend giving it a read. Also, it looks like from a description on forestsangha.com that it’s typically a place for monks who ‘have some experience’. Hopefully this is of at least some help to you.

With care,

Ryan
sabbe dhammā nālaṃ abhinivesāya

"nothing whatsoever should be clung to"
paul

Post by paul »

Wat Ratanawan is part of the network of Thai monasteries affiliated with Wat Pah Nanachat. Ajahn Nyanadhammo is an Australian monk.
arpansharma1

Post by arpansharma1 »

The email address is [email protected] .
Please send an email with your query. Usually a prompt response can be expected.
Arpan Sharma
maxtran2711

Post by maxtran2711 »

Thank you for the email. I wrote 4 days ago but still no reply yet. Hopefully they will reply or else will be a bit abrupt to just show up? Also, I am also looking for a temple not only doing meditation but also teaching Buddhism study. Is there any in Thailand or one should go to study in university like Mahachulalongkorn? There are a few temples in Burma training monks like this but so far in Thailand forest temple, they practice mainly. I am looking in the combined way.
paul

Post by paul »

Usually there is a distinction drawn between the scholar monk and the forest meditation monk. I suppose you know about Pa Auk forest monastery in Burma, which offers comprehensive meditation training.
International Buddhist College, Thailand. Note that there is also a Nakon Ratchasima campus:
http://ibc.ac.th/en/about/contactus
maxtran2711

Post by maxtran2711 »

Sorry I mean a temple also offer Sutta study or discussion among monks, not necessarily scholarly research. Bodhiyana monastery from Ajahn Brahm does that and also associate with lots of meditation sessions but I wonder if any in Thailand does the same. Perhaps Wat Pa Nanachat? Thank you.
paul

Post by paul »

Once you become part of the Wat Pah Nanachat system then you lose your independence. But if you are in a situation, for example outside western culture, where you would benefit from the kind of support and knowledge that it brings, then doing so would be a positive step.