Temporary ordination in Thailand

Discussion of ordination, the Vinaya and monastic life. How and where to ordain? Bhikkhuni ordination etc.
dhammarelax

Temporary ordination in Thailand

Post by dhammarelax »

Dear friends I will be visiting Thailand soon and I want to ordain for 7 days can anyone suggest a "fast and easy" way to do this? I dont have more time.
Even if the flesh & blood in my body dry up, leaving just the skin, tendons, & bones, I will use all my human firmness, human persistence and human striving. There will be no relaxing my persistence until I am the first of my generation to attain full awakening in this lifetime. ed. AN 2.5
Phena

Re: Temporary ordination in Thailand

Post by Phena »

dhammarelax wrote:Dear friends I will be visiting Thailand soon and I want to ordain for 7 days can anyone suggest a "fast and easy" way to do this? I dont have more time.
Or is it that you need to ordain within seven days :o

Here is a thread from Dhamma Wheel that might be OK to get started http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=3014 although I'm sure someone will have some more up to date info for you.

I hope it all works out dhammarelax :twothumbsup:
Ven.ClydeJarudhammo

Post by Ven.ClydeJarudhammo »

Wat Sriboonruang in Fang, Chiang Mai, Thailand will do short term novice ordinations. www.vipassanameditation.asia :buddha1:
Ed.Pytel

Post by Ed.Pytel »

Hi Ven. Clyde,
I've been practicing as a householder for 14 years or so, done some retreats, have regular practice, and i'm married and have 2 young teen kids...
I'm writing to you since i have a 13 y/o son and I'm aware of the temporary ordination cultural practice for boys as a rite of passage and formation for lifelong mindfulness. If i were to accompany my son to your center and get him settled for say a week or so, would it be possible for him to temp ordain there for 1-2 months or at some other center where boys temp ordain?
Thank you!
Ed Pytel
Sonoma County, California, USA
Dhammanando

Post by Dhammanando »

Ed.Pytel wrote:Hi Ven. Clyde,
As Ven. Clyde hasn't logged in for a couple of months it might be better to contact him via his Facebook page.

https://web.facebook.com/clyde.brannan
Yena yena hi maññanti,
tato taṃ hoti aññathā.

In whatever way they conceive it,
It turns out otherwise.
(Sn. 588)