Sutta translation project - Bhante Sujato

Textual analysis and comparative discussion on early Buddhist sects and scriptures.
SarathW

Sutta translation project - Bhante Sujato

Post by SarathW »

Great opportunity to be a part of this history making event.

============

Hi everyone,

As most of you know, I’ve been working on my new translations of the Pali nikayas for the past couple of years. I’ve been staying on the little island of Qimei off the coast of Taiwan.

My stay there has been made possible by the incredible support of my long-term kappiya Dustin. The little house I stay in is the old family home of Dustin’s wife, Keiko. The financial support for my stay has been provided by Dustin and his family, their Dhamma friends in Penang, and some generous donors in various countries. They have gathered funds to cover the costs of my stay, such as food, utility bills, travel (so I can renew my visa), and so on.

Now Dustin’s looking for some extra support to cover the bills. If anyone’s interested to help out with this, please contact Dustin directly on [email protected].. (Balaraja is Dustin’s dhamma name. Yes, it means “king of fools”, and yes, I gave it to him!). If you have any questions, just let me know. :pray:

Just so it’s clear, this funding is separate from the general donations for SuttaCentral, which go directly to support development of SC. However, if any funds are left over when I’ve finished my project, Dustin will forward them to SuttaCentral.

https://discourse.suttacentral.net/t/fu ... oject/6262
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”