The Buddha Said...

Textual analysis and comparative discussion on early Buddhist sects and texts.
bhante dhamma

The Buddha Said...

Post by bhante dhamma » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:23 am

hi sometimes I read or hear some dhamma and sometimes.i'm either to lazy to find an exact location in the canon, or.maybe others can use this thread to veify what they hear/see on sosial media, like yesterdyay I watched a monk give. pretty descent dhamma talk onthe net but he said one thing that was intwresting...'the buddha.said napanasati.is the crown jewel of mediattion,' which made.me.think ah ah, sorry.bhante that.one.is.in the' patidhamma/patirupa' category.

so I actually had a question....does.any one have a sutta.name.number for the pli words 'kalyanakari ca kalyanam papakari c papakam' ots.in the samyutta somwehere

DNS
Site Admin

Re: The Buddha Said...

Post by DNS » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:31 am

dvemebhikkhave wrote: so I actually had a question....does.any one have a sutta.name.number for the pli words 'kalyanakari ca kalyanam papakari c papakam' ots.in the samyutta somwehere
Samyutta Nikaya 10

Yadisam vapate bijam Tadisam labhate phalam
Kalyanakari kalyanam Papakari ca papakam

Which translates as:

As the seed, so the fruit.
Whoever does good, receives good,
Whoever does bad, receives bad.

No, I don't have the Tipitaka memorized (I wish); I just used google. :tongue:

bhante dhamma

Post by bhante dhamma » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:46 am

samyutta 10..? mist be p.t.s numbering, still cant find the name.of the samyutta or sutta, got a.other one...

sutta name for the quote The Buddha Said his teaching is 'not a close fisted doctrine'

pilgrim

Post by pilgrim » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:52 am

dvemebhikkhave wrote: sutta name for the quote The Buddha Said his teaching is 'not a close fisted doctrine'
I have set forth the Dhamma without making any distinction of esoteric and exoteric doctrine; there is nothing, Ananda, with regard to the teachings that the Tathagata holds to the last with the closed fist of a teacher who keeps some things back.
~ MahaParinibbana sutta DN 16

DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:03 am

dvemebhikkhave wrote:samyutta 10..? mist be p.t.s numbering, still cant find the name.of the samyutta or sutta
Yes, I think I got the number wrong; maybe it is vol.1 sutta 10? Got it from here:

http://obo.genaud.net/a/dhamma-vinaya/p ... ali.bd.htm

See Sutta 10; Isayosamuddaka Sutta

bhante dhamma

Post by bhante dhamma » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:06 am

hi dhamma-mitra's, had a sutta running through my mind but cant remember the name/no...all I can recollect is that it is talking about a monk(s) becoming sad when laypeople are sad etc..mybe a sutta to do with types of monks...ie A.N 4..does it ring a bell anyone..?