Angthong International Meditation Centre - Thailand

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
diamind

Angthong International Meditation Centre - Thailand

Post by diamind » Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:58 pm

Hi, has anyone here spent time at Angthong International Meditation Centre in Thailand?

Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta

Re: Angthong International Meditation Centre - Thailand

Post by Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:15 am

from Facebook:

Arjan Schrier wrote
I stayed as monk for a while at Angthon International Meditation Centre (that is the new name). Just south of Angthon, aprox. 1,5 hrs by cab from Bangkok centre)

In just 2 years (2017) a good meditation facilities was build by Mrs. Kinkarn a very generous woman and captain of industry. Modern simple and beautifull rooms. Light, varied vega and non-vega food is provided at 6.30 and 11.00. about 20 monks and 15 salayada give the place a good feel. Also yoga and fasting can be done to cleanse, strech and strengthen the body. A sauna facility (3 rooms which turned out to fit 5 monks each) is available.

You also have the opportunity to ordain as Samanera (later Bhikkhu) or Salayada (10 precept nun).

Located in a area with lakes. Construction of more kuti's is underway. My expectation is that the Angton International Meditation Centre will be a known as a good place to practise. A forestation programm is underway.

Help with Visa, ticket and other issues is provided by the 4 man office staff. The resident teacher Bodhinanya is warm hearthed and tells wearied travelers to first do sa bai sa bai to balance the body. Cos' a rested and easy body is a good condition for concentration. I have not seen to many meditation centres but this one is geared up for serious practise. Also if you want to have your own private silent retreat. Place for 40 men and 40 woman. And aproximatly double that in about 2019

Tieme Hermans — wrote
Highly recommended place for beginners and more advanced practitioners. Facilities are top of the range, the teachers are very inspiring and it's a great environment to make progress in your practice.

Q: Hey can i ask you something? Is it possible to simply come by even for a longer stay or would you recommend sending an e mail before. I send some mails months ago but didn't got some replies

A: There's a phone nr on the website, better call in advance, but showing up is fine too. I think they always have place for you!

Q: 1 kuti for 1 person ?

A: There are 2 single beds in the kuti's, but normally you just stay there alone, unless you want to share the room price with a (same gender) friend I suppose.

Q: Hi Tieme. Are there English speaking teachers at the centre?

A: Alex Rutherford Yes there are. Normally you'll be invited for an interview every other day, or you can request a private interview as well.

Q: Awesome. I was also wondering, what's the best way to get there from Bangkok?

A: There's a bus from Mo Chit to Ang Thong bus station. Let them know that you are coming in advance so they can pick you up from the bus station.

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1676725615890242

https://www.paauktawyathailand.org/

:heart:

🅢🅐🅑🅑🅔 🅓🅗🅐🅜🅜🅐 🅐🅝🅐🅣🅣🅐

Self ...
  • "an entirely and perfectly foolish idea" :D ~ MN22

diamind

Post by diamind » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:40 pm

I love you. thankyou

Sabbe_Dhamma_Anatta