Repair of buddha statue

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
mario92

Repair of buddha statue

Post by mario92 »

Namasté dhamma wheel my Buddha statue is Made of full concrete, is an standing Buddha from like aproximately 1,5 ft, and had broken in to pieces, is it accurate to repair it? I don't know if it is a Good idea to have a big Buddha statue in my house when i can have a Good printed image. Also i had given flowers and tried to keep clean the place, thats a Good side of it, but it is a little dangerous the material if it fell down again. Thank you, also i am a little afraid that my body Will broke in to pieces as when i Made some Good actions that Came in to fruition.
User1249x

Re: Repair of buddha statue

Post by User1249x »

Think of it as a grave stone, in sense that it is something that has meaning to you but also can be replaced and decays, yours is not even on a grave or a real grave stone. Nothing lasts forever. Even those huge Statues in Afghanistan were eventually destroyed, how much more so your concrete lol. However those huge statues were replaced by lasers, so now it is evolved in that sense and even better now as the image is immune to physical damage and can be visible at night, also is about the only impressive piece of technology in the whole deserted country that i know of :)

it is entirely up to you, id recomend treating it as if it was a statue of your perfect father. Not your dad but an ideal father figure in every sense of the word other than its not ur real dad.
mario92

Re: Repair of buddha statue

Post by mario92 »

Thank you rightview :)