Happy Vesakha Puja!

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
perkele

Happy Vesakha Puja!

Post by perkele »

Happy Vesakha Puja!

May all have a good day commemorating the Buddha.

(I put this here in the "shrine room", whose description says: "Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc." But I have no pictures to share. Maybe we should have a special subforum dedicated to special buddhist holidays [or generally Uposatha days], and maybe have such topics dedicated to a certain "holiday" be somehow stickied or standing out automatically on such days?)

May anyone who feel inspired be free to share how they go about celebrating this special day.

:anjali:
Last edited by perkele on Tue May 09, 2017 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
perkele

Re: Happy Vesakha Puja!

Post by perkele »

perkele wrote:May anyone who feel inspired be free to share how they go about celebrating this special day.

For me: I am not doing anything special so far. (I have to work. :spy: )

But it is good to remember the Buddha.

:buddha1:
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Vesakha is tomorrow according to my calendar.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
perkele

Post by perkele »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Vesakha is tomorrow according to my calendar.
Oh, indeed! I preempted the date. Thank you, Bhante, for pointing out.

Even better. Then there is an extra day of preparing in mind and anticipating in advance, and to think about and reflect maybe how one should celebrate and commemorate such a day.

May all feel free to share their plans in advance or spontaneous thoughts, or generally what they tend to do on Vesak day.

Lucas Oliveira

Post by Lucas Oliveira »

Happy Vesakha Puja!

I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

perkele wrote:
Maybe we should have a special subforum dedicated to special buddhist holidays [or generally Uposatha days], and maybe have such topics dedicated to a certain "holiday" be somehow stickied or standing out automatically on such days?)
This already exists:
https://dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2358

Khalil Bodhi

Post by Khalil Bodhi »

Happy Vesak tomorrow!
To avoid all evil, to cultivate good, and to cleanse one's mind — this is the teaching of the Buddhas.
-Dhp. 183

The Stoic Buddhist: https://www.quora.com/q/dwxmcndlgmobmeu ... pOR2p0uAdH
My Practice Blog:
http://khalilbodhi.wordpress.com
perkele

Post by perkele »

David N. Snyder wrote:This already exists:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2358
Ah, yes. Thanks, I was aware of this. And it is even stickied. I thought it wasn't. It does not really stand out very much.

But I thought of something maybe more solemn and celebratory. Maybe even a dedicated subforum only for Uposatha observance and encouragement?
The Uposatha observance club could go there. And for every "major" Uposatha day, like Magha Puja, Vesakha Puja, dedicated threads could be created to make especially aware of it.
Just an idea.

Lucas Oliveira has done a good job to keep us aware in advance of all the fullmoon Uposatha days at least since Magha Puja till Vesakha Puja tomorrow. Sadhu!
(But it gets easily out of focus, after such a short notice some days in adavance. It would be really great if there would be a more prominent globally visible place for it, but :shrug:, meh, just some thought without idea for solution for now. Maybe some other day or from someone else...)

I will be crazy busy with work tomorrow. Online meeting, planning, programming, pizza driving, earning the money to pay for the car which I just bought on credit. I will try to keep five precepts at least, which I don't even do all the time. I lie half-regularly, especially when I talk to my father, whom I should also call tomorrow. Today I lied one time. :spy: Might not be easy.

So far my realistic and not so solemn plans. I am still interested what you do on this special Uposatha in commemoration of the Buddha, or maybe even as a general Uposatha habit.
Khalil Bodhi wrote:Happy Vesak tomorrow!
Yes!

tharpa

Vesak

Post by tharpa »

Happy Vesak!
May all beings, in or out of the womb, be well, happy and peaceful.