Tipitaka - Overview - Amaravati Library

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice etc.
Post Reply
User avatar
Lucas Oliveira
Posts: 512
Joined: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:07 pm

Tipitaka - Overview - Amaravati Library

Post by Lucas Oliveira » Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:36 am

Tipitaka - Overview - Amaravati Library

http://cdn.amaravati.org/wp-content/upl ... rsion-.pdf



:anjali:
I participate in this forum using Google Translator. http://translate.google.com.br

http://www.acessoaoinsight.net/

User avatar
Coëmgenu
Posts: 1493
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:55 pm

Re: Tipitaka - Overview - Amaravati Library

Post by Coëmgenu » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:05 pm

Lucas Oliveira wrote:Tipitaka - Overview - Amaravati Library

http://cdn.amaravati.org/wp-content/upl ... rsion-.pdf



:anjali:
This is a massively complicated table, but thank you for providing a link to it!

:anjali:
-Caoimhghín
神足示現者,
世尊隨其所應,而示現入禪定正受,陵虛至東方,作四威儀,
行、住、坐、臥,入火三昧,出種種火光,青、黃、赤、白、
紅、頗梨色,水火俱現, 或身下出火,身上出水,身上出火,
身下出水,周圓四方亦復如是。

User avatar
samseva
Posts: 2095
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Re: Tipitaka - Overview - Amaravati Library

Post by samseva » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:12 pm

Coëmgenu wrote:This is a massively complicated table
It is simply the subdivisions of the Piṭakas and Nikāyas, and a list of sutta suggestions. :smile:

Thanks Lucas!

User avatar
Coëmgenu
Posts: 1493
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:55 pm

Re: Tipitaka - Overview - Amaravati Library

Post by Coëmgenu » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:16 pm

samseva wrote:
Coëmgenu wrote:This is a massively complicated table
It is simply the subdivisions of the Piṭakas and Nikāyas, and a list of sutta suggestions. :smile:

Thanks Lucas!
Well... It may be a "simple" table, but to someone critically unfamiliar with the Pāli tipitaka, who is also generally unfamiliar to the Pāli tradition in general, it is quite a complicated table!

:anjali:
-Caoimhghín
神足示現者,
世尊隨其所應,而示現入禪定正受,陵虛至東方,作四威儀,
行、住、坐、臥,入火三昧,出種種火光,青、黃、赤、白、
紅、頗梨色,水火俱現, 或身下出火,身上出水,身上出火,
身下出水,周圓四方亦復如是。

User avatar
samseva
Posts: 2095
Joined: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:59 pm

Re: Tipitaka - Overview - Amaravati Library

Post by samseva » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:32 pm

Coëmgenu wrote:Well... It may be a "simple" table, but to someone critically unfamiliar with the Pāli tipitaka, who is also generally unfamiliar to the Pāli tradition in general, it is quite a complicated table!
No worries, you'll understand it in no time. :smile:

Reading the texts themselves will take a bit more time though. :D

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests