Local Florists in Thailand

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
LG2V

Local Florists in Thailand

Post by LG2V »

Hey everyone,

I want to order flowers for puja at one of the Thai temples, ideally Wat Asokaram or Wat Pho. I live in The United States, and I figured that I could leverage the USD to purchase a huge amount of flowers for puja and merit in Thailand.

I've been told that one can easily get dozens of flowers in Thailand for only several dollars. However, most of the online flower delivery shops that I visit give prices that are similar to flower delivery prices in The United States ($32 - $67 for a flower bundle, on average.). Does someone here know a local florist in the Bangkok or Samut Prakan areas that I can contact in order to get more of a local price? Thank you.
Here are some excellent sites for giving free Dana (Click-Based Donation):
http://freerice.comhttp://greatergood.com/www.ripple.orgwww.thenonprofits.com
bhante dhamma

Re: Local Florists in Thailand

Post by bhante dhamma »

hi,
its a nice idea (the puppha/amisa puja) but I was wondering if it wouldn't be easier and even better if its done in a place in your own locality as ultimately all monasteries are the same...

If you do it in the states It could provide a link to further developmemt of 'kusala' things such as kalyana mitta, dana and so on. Even if the 'wats' aren't ideal the idea is to try and get beyond giving undue importance to places, with regards to making offerings an exception would be say the city/forest monastery divide..
niomimacford

Re: Local Florists in Thailand

Post by niomimacford »

Flowers are integral part of any pooja. Cost of flower directly depends upon the season of that flower. If such flowers are not grown in the country where you need, you have to spend more to get them. So its better to have available flowers instead of searching for any particular flower.