For Sattva

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
Ben

Re: For Sattva

Post by Ben »

sattva wrote:WOW! Thank you all for the support! I just got home about an hour or so ago. Neck hurts some, but that is to be expected. My sister kept my long-time Zen friend updated who then sent on updates to Ben and my Zen teacher. There was a point where it looked like my surgery might be cancelled as an emergency with another patient moved it back a few hours. Another thing that surprised me was they decided to do the right carotid artery first, although the left showed more blockage. He did the other side because I had that other mini-stroke the other night on the left side. Apparently, the right carotid artery actually governs the left side and vice-versa. As Ben said, I will go back in about a month to get the other side done.

Thank you all so very, very, much! I don't post much outside of Lounge because I am not a Theravadan Buddhist, but I do consider you all to be Sangha Love you bunches!
:heart: :bow:
Back at you baby!
Glad to see you back!
With metta,
Ben
“No lists of things to be done. The day providential to itself. The hour. There is no later. This is later. All things of grace and beauty such that one holds them to one's heart have a common provenance in pain. Their birth in grief and ashes.”
- Cormac McCarthy, The Road

Learn this from the waters:
in mountain clefts and chasms,
loud gush the streamlets,
but great rivers flow silently.
- Sutta Nipata 3.725

Compassionate Hands Foundation (Buddhist aid in Myanmar) • Buddhist Global ReliefUNHCR

e: [email protected]..
Bakmoon

Post by Bakmoon »

I am very happy to hear you went through surgery okay. I will be chanting the Bojjanga Paritta and dedicating it to your speedy recovery!
Last edited by Bakmoon on Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The non-doing of any evil,
The performance of what's skillful,
The cleansing of one's own mind:
This is the Buddhas' teaching.
SDC

Post by SDC »

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
“Life is swept along, short is the life span; no shelters exist for one who has reached old age. Seeing clearly this danger in death, a seeker of peace should drop the world’s bait.” SN 1.3
Kusala

Post by Kusala »

sattva wrote:WOW! Thank you all for the support! I just got home about an hour or so ago. Neck hurts some, but that is to be expected. My sister kept my long-time Zen friend updated who then sent on updates to Ben and my Zen teacher. There was a point where it looked like my surgery might be cancelled as an emergency with another patient moved it back a few hours. Another thing that surprised me was they decided to do the right carotid artery first, although the left showed more blockage. He did the other side because I had that other mini-stroke the other night on the left side. Apparently, the right carotid artery actually governs the left side and vice-versa. As Ben said, I will go back in about a month to get the other side done.

Thank you all so very, very, much! I don't post much outside of Lounge because I am not a Theravadan Buddhist, but I do consider you all to be Sangha Love you bunches!
Likewise... :heart:
"He, the Blessed One, is indeed the Noble Lord, the Perfectly Enlightened One;
He is impeccable in conduct and understanding, the Serene One, the Knower of the Worlds;
He trains perfectly those who wish to be trained; he is Teacher of gods and men; he is Awake and Holy. "

--------------------------------------------
"The Dhamma is well-expounded by the Blessed One,
Apparent here and now, timeless, encouraging investigation,
Leading to liberation, to be experienced individually by the wise. "
Pumo

Post by Pumo »

Good to know you're doing good after the surgery, I hope that all will be fine on your next one.

My best wishes are with you Sattva! :hug: :heart:
May you be happy at heart always. :anjali:
'may all beings be happy at heart.' - Karaniya Metta Sutta :buddha1:
sattva

Post by sattva »

:heart: :smile: :group: :bow: :heart: :smile: :group: :bow: :heart: :smile: :group: :bow: :heart:

To think, we need to do this all over again in another month.

Thank you all for your continued support!
http://www.chatzy.com/25904628501622
Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

sattva wrote:To think, we need to do this all over again in another month.
At least you now know what to expect. I'm sure it will be fine, and we're all thinking of you. :group:
Buddha save me from new-agers!
ieee23

Post by ieee23 »

Ben wrote:Dear all,
Long time Dhamma Wheel member, Sattva, is going into surgery (carotid endarterectomy).
As some of you know, Sattva has been suffering from chronic health problems for some time now.
Please remember Sattva during your metta bhavana and/or sharing of merits.
Thanks

Ben
I'm sorry to hear that. Best wishes to you Sattva. Speedy Recovery!
Whatever a bhikkhu frequently thinks and ponders upon, that will become the inclination of his mind. - MN 19
sattva

Post by sattva »

Healing nicely. In 20 days I will have the left side done. Some of you may remember that Ron died on my birthday nine years ago. I remember once telling someone about it and she said, "That was just rude!" I always said I should die on his birthday in retaliation. I am having surgery on his birthday! lol When I realized it, it made me laugh. What can I say? I have a warped sense of humor! If I live it is sort of sticking my tongue out at him and if I would die, I would think it hilarious, as well!

singing "Isn't it Ironic?"
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

Best of luck, Sattva! You can only start looking into those kind of dates in about 30 years, or so. Before that it is forbiden! :tongue:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
sattva

Post by sattva »

Modus.Ponens wrote:Best of luck, Sattva! You can only start looking into those kind of dates in about 30 years, or so. Before that it is forbiden! :tongue:
Thirty years might be a little much unless they come up with stem cells that regenerate kidneys and other organs ;) How about 10? :D

I have had two surprising benefits from my surgery. One, which they say is not related but I have to disagree, is that the back of my head headaches and neck aches have pretty much disappeared; and two, I seem to be sleeping so much better. Some nurses have told me that my color is better but I don't see that at all. The headaches use to bother me terribly during dialysis and other times to the point that I had been seeing this past fall a therapist who was working on my neck and shoulders. I think the problem must have been blood flow related.
Modus.Ponens

Post by Modus.Ponens »

sattva wrote:
Modus.Ponens wrote:Best of luck, Sattva! You can only start looking into those kind of dates in about 30 years, or so. Before that it is forbiden! :tongue:
Thirty years might be a little much unless they come up with stem cells that regenerate kidneys and other organs ;) How about 10? :D

I have had two surprising benefits from my surgery. One, which they say is not related but I have to disagree, is that the back of my head headaches and neck aches have pretty much disappeared; and two, I seem to be sleeping so much better. Some nurses have told me that my color is better but I don't see that at all. The headaches use to bother me terribly during dialysis and other times to the point that I had been seeing this past fall a therapist who was working on my neck and shoulders. I think the problem must have been blood flow related.
30 years, and it's not negotiable! :rules: :smile:

It's good to hear the good news. Best wishes! :smile:
'This is peace, this is exquisite — the resolution of all fabrications; the relinquishment of all acquisitions; the ending of craving; dispassion; cessation; Unbinding.' - Jhana Sutta
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

Thinking about you Sattva & sending lots of good wishes,

With metta,

Aloka
sattva

Post by sattva »

Thanks for the thoughts M.P. and Aloka.

They upped my surgery a day (I had told a couple of the staff there about the dying thing lol. I can't help thinking they didn't like the idea of me having surgery on his bday). Anyway, now it is scheduled for the 22nd in the afternoon. :smile: