your home altar/shrine

Pictures of revered teachers, places, rupas, temples, bhikkhus, shrine rooms etc. that bring inspiration to our members. Pilgrimage advice, devotion etc.
padmini

Re: your home altar/shrine

Post by padmini » Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:52 pm

I have moved house and I have finally been able to allot a small space of my new flat to a meditation area + small Buddha shrine :buddha1: .
Here it is:
Attachments
meditation_room.jpg
home_shrine.jpg
The Buddha's path is simple and meant for ordinary people; anyone with goodwill and determination can follow its steps toward freedom of heart and mind
-- Ven. Ayya Khema

ushi

Post by ushi » Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:12 am

I hope it's okay to resurrect this thread a bit, but here's my home shrine. Nothing much, a few nice personal objects.
homeshrine.jpg
The top poster and the small laminated card are from a Pure Land group that offered Buddhist resources through the mail for free, which I ordered more than a decade ago. The two black and white pieces of paper are from the An Hy Quan Vegetarian Restaurant in Albuquerque, New Mexico. They offered those posters on their way out the door after a tasty meal. The middle Buddha image came from somewhere! I don't recall where.

The altar itself is a milk crate covered in a cloth given by a friend. The incense holder is a standing Buddha, the candle holder was a gift from a close friend, and the shell holding the flowers was a gift from my partner. Many pleasant memories and ideas to reflect on, even though most of the time I spend facing it I'm not "looking" at it per se.

JamesTheGiant

Post by JamesTheGiant » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:19 am

ushi wrote:
Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:12 am
I hope it's okay to resurrect this thread a bit
Absolutely! :thumbsup: I really like this topic, seeing other people's ideas. You have motivated me to update my shrine. :namaste:

lost buddhist

Post by lost buddhist » Fri Nov 09, 2018 7:57 pm

A window sill shrine with a newly acquired brass statue, a lotus origami that I got from my sister some years ago, a scented candle + black carton background for a pleasant low key view/contrast.

It's a small shrine in the corner of my living room. Which I separated from the rest of the room with a large sheet hanging from the roof.
Just enough space for my zafu and zabuton :heart:

VipassanaSwede

Post by VipassanaSwede » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Very inspirational thread.
I'm moving house in a couple of months and then I will set up a more permanent shrine. Will share a pic here, hopefully. :)

Metta,

:buddha1: