Books by Venerable Mahāsī Sayādaw

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible in order to double-check alignment to Theravāda orthodoxy.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Books by Venerable Mahāsī Sayādaw

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Thanks. I don't know when or how that got broken, but I have fixed it now.

The correct link was showing in the Index Page of Mahāsi Sayādaw's books.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
The Thinker

Post by The Thinker »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote:Thanks. I don't know when or how that got broken, but I have fixed it now.

The correct link was showing in the Index Page of Mahāsi Sayādaw's books.

Hello Bhikkhu pesala and all forumites, could you recommend me your favorite Sayadaw book, or best two or three.

Much appreciated :namaste:
"Watch your heart, observe. Be the observer, be the knower, not the condition" Ajahn Sumedho volume5 - The Wheel Of Truth
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
The Thinker

Post by The Thinker »

Thank you Sir.
"Watch your heart, observe. Be the observer, be the knower, not the condition" Ajahn Sumedho volume5 - The Wheel Of Truth
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have updated A Manual of Insight Meditation with the first 141 pages, which is the first two chapters.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have just uploaded Dhamma Therapy Revisited, which is a collection of case histories regarding remarkable cures through vipassanā meditation.

It was compiled by the Venerable Mahāsi Sayādaw from various reports, and translated by Venerable Aggacitta Bhikkhu. I have made some minor edits and reformatted it with a Unicode font for easier copying of Pāli texts and quotations for use on forums, etc.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have just updated A Discourse on the Anattalakkhaṇa Sutta. The changes are very minor — just typos.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

A minor update to the Sallekha Sutta to improve translations of "appasutta" and "sandiṭṭhiparāmāsa"
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Please Note: My free web-host now imposes a daily sleep time, which I have set to start from 13:00 GMT.

Bookmark the Mirror Site, which is less likely to go offline.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

A number of the books are now available in Epub Format for those who prefer to read on hand-held devices.
User1249x

Post by User1249x »

The oceanofpdf website which hosted the full manual of insight is taken down and i dont know of alternative sites so i will leave the full manual of insight links here and it would be good if someone would find a place to host them permanently;

pdf; https://ufile.io/1bdc0
epub; https://ufile.io/bhqx4

links expire in 30 days
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Updated the first nine Books by Mahāsi Sayādaw.

Currently working on A Discourse on the Anattalakkhaṇa Sutta. More will follow, all being well.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Four more books updated:
  1. A Discourse on the Anattalakkhaṇa Sutta
  2. A Discourse on the Hemavata Sutta
  3. A Discourse on the Ariyāvāsa Sutta
  4. A Discourse on Dependent Origination