How come that it comes annoying (little hard) days and sometimes or then and then a very easy or easy days?

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible in order to double-check alignment to Theravāda orthodoxy.

cappuccino

Re: How come that it comes annoying (little hard) days and sometimes or then and then a very easy or easy days?

Post by cappuccino »

karma day, rest day, karma day, rest day, etc

user99

Re: How come that it comes annoying (little hard) days and sometimes or then and then a very easy or easy days?

Post by user99 »

Thank you. Iam happy that it wasnt only i that believed or know it was as that.

JohnK

Post by JohnK »

Here is one way to look at it:
For most people, days are annoying if the things they come into contact with are undesired -- they have unpleasant feeling based on that contact, that is, they react to the unpleasant feeling with annoyance. For these people, days with less unpleasant feeling seem less annoying and "easy." For them, it is good to reflect on how difficult it is to control what they may contact and how they are trapped by their tendencies to react.

Some smaller number of people, well-practiced in Dhamma, have learned to react with equanimity to all feelings: unpleasant, pleasant and neutral feeling; so even days with unpleasant feeling are not "annoying" and even "easy."

Still others will be able to have equanimity some of the time but not all the time -- so, they have some easy days and some annoying days -- but in this case it may have nothing to do with how much contact they have with desired and undesired objects; it has to do with their ability to maintain equanimity in the face of feeling. For them, it is good to reflect on what may have knocked them off their equanimity, that is, how they have caused their suffering/stress/annoyance.
Those who grasp at perceptions & views wander the internet creating friction. [based on Sn4:9,v.847]

Spiny Norman

Post by Spiny Norman »

I think it's just mostly "shit happens".
Last edited by Spiny Norman on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:01 am, edited 2 times in total.
Buddha save me from new-agers!

SarathW

Post by SarathW »

user99 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:38 pm
How come?
Good observation.
Samudaya and Vaya (arising and perishing)
If you understand this you will be a very happy person.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

WindDancer

Post by WindDancer »

In addition to the good responses that you have received so far, I find it has a lot to do with perception. For example, a person can be angry and upset that they have to get up and go to work, or they can choose to change their perception and be grateful that they have a job that supplies their basic needs.
Live Gently....

dharmacorps

Post by dharmacorps »

There are good days and bad days, yes. Is that surprising? what did you expect? :shrug:

MettaDevPrac

Post by MettaDevPrac »

user99 wrote:
How come that it comes annoying (little hard) days and sometimes or then and then a very easy or easy days?
How come?
I think this is an excellent question, and the answers can be varied and quite particular.

A journal might help in examining this in your own life. I have used little hand drawn icons on calendars, as support for recognizing and cultivating beneficial acts or efforts, and (to a lesser extent, because I think it should be given less attention most of the time) to recognize and discourage un-beneficial acts or efforts.

Very best wishes for your efforts!
- MettaDevPrac

bodom

Post by bodom »

Impermanence.

:namaste:
The heart of the path is so simple. No need for long explanations. Give up clinging to love and hate, just rest with things as they are. That is all I do in my own practice.

Do not try to become anything. Do not make yourself into anything. Do not be a meditator. Do not become enlightened. When you sit, let it be. When you walk, let it be. Grasp at nothing. Resist nothing.

Of course, there are dozens of meditation techniques to develop samadhi and many kinds of vipassana. But it all comes back to this-just let it all be. Step over here where it is cool, out of the battle.

- Ajahn Chah

retrofuturist
Site Admin

Post by retrofuturist »

Greetings User99,
user99 wrote:
How come?
How come all your topics are essentially the same?

Perhaps you should just create a single topic for yourself in the Personal Experience section, and add to it rather than proliferate your questioning like this?

Metta,
Paul. :)
"The uprooting of identity is seen by the noble ones as pleasurable; but this contradicts what the whole world sees." (Snp 3.12)

"It is natural that one who knows and sees things as they really are is disenchanted and dispassionate." (AN 10.2)

“Truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.” (Flannery O'Connor)

user99

Post by user99 »

MettaDevPrac wrote:
Wed Feb 26, 2020 6:53 pm
user99 wrote:
How come?
I think this is an excellent question, and the answers can be varied and quite particular.

A journal might help in examining this in your own life. I have used little hand drawn icons on calendars, as support for recognizing and cultivating beneficial acts or efforts, and (to a lesser extent, because I think it should be given less attention most of the time) to recognize and discourage un-beneficial acts or efforts.
Erery best wishes for your efforts!
Thank you very much for your answer.

kalyana.mitta

Post by kalyana.mitta »

user99 wrote:
How come?
cause that's the nature of the human world. It's filled with pleasant things but also suffering. :candle: