A fine example has boundless power

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible in order to double-check alignment to Theravāda orthodoxy.
diligence

A fine example has boundless power

Post by diligence »

Hello, bhante! Hello, friends ! I think it is really difficult to read all the Pali Canon. I wonder whether there are a few people who have nearly finished reading the suttapiṭaka, or at least saṃyutta nikāya and aṅguttara nikāya. In another words, I would like to know——has anyone nearly finished reading the suttapiṭaka, or at least saṃyutta nikāya and aṅguttara nikāya? :reading:

I want to find examples and then learn from them and try to emulate them. :anjali:
With the arising of delight, there is the arising of suffering. With the cessation of delight, comes the cessation of suffering.
Nandisamudayā dukkhasamudayo, nandinirodhā dukkhanirodho.
Dukkhameva uppajjamānaṃ uppajjati, dukkhaṃ nirujjhamānaṃ nirujjhati.
SarathW

Re: A fine example has boundless power

Post by SarathW »

I would say I have read four Nikaya English translation in access to insight. (at least twice)
I have started reading Bhante Sujato' s translation which is the complete English translation and available for free.
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”
User1249x

Post by User1249x »

If you participate in the forum and read what is being linked to in topics that interest you it is a good way to study imho.
However one should be very careful taking people's word for things on the forum because people might be themselves confused and confusing others.
diligence

Post by diligence »

SarathW wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:22 am I would say I have read four Nikaya English translation in access to insight. (at least twice)
Great! Sādhu! Sādhu! :anjali: :anjali: :clap: :thumbsup: :heart:
With the arising of delight, there is the arising of suffering. With the cessation of delight, comes the cessation of suffering.
diligence

Post by diligence »

User1249x wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 3:50 pm If you participate in the forum and read what is being linked to in topics that interest you it is a good way to study imho.
However one should be very careful taking people's word for things on the forum because people might be themselves confused and confusing others.
Ok, I 'll be vigilant and critical. Thank you so much for your warning! :heart: