Regarding Cula Sotapanna

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible.
anthbrown84

Re: Regarding Cula Sotapanna

Postby anthbrown84 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:42 pm

Does anybody else feel really inspired by this?

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but this has gave me a.bit of faith that I'm not wasting my time as a lay.

If I stay committed and focused, while going on retreats I feel this is possible.

This doesn't mean I'll slack off, far from it, I'll be putting in even more effort now I know an attainable goal is within realistic reach.

Does anybody else felt like this?
"Your job in practise is to know the difference between the heart and the activity of the heart, that is it, it is that simple" Ajahn Tate

SarathW

Postby SarathW » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:27 pm

Does anybody else feel really inspired by this?

Yes indeed.
This is a confirmation that Nibbana is not a fallacy.
Buddha has give a us a check list so we can check the progress ourselves.
:anjali:
“As the lamp consumes oil, the path realises Nibbana”

Twilight

Postby Twilight » Fri Jan 06, 2017 8:37 pm

anthbrown84 wrote:Does anybody else feel really inspired by this?

Maybe I'm getting ahead of myself but this has gave me a.bit of faith that I'm not wasting my time as a lay.

If I stay committed and focused, while going on retreats I feel this is possible.

This doesn't mean I'll slack off, far from it, I'll be putting in even more effort now I know an attainable goal is within realistic reach.

How do suttas say stream entry is achieved ?
You'll have a better chance finding a moderate rebel in Ildib than finding a buddhist who ever changed his views. Views are there to be clung to. They are there to be defended with all one's might. Whatever clinging one will removed in regards to sense pleasures by practicing the path - that should be compensated with increased clinging to views. This is the fundamental balance of the noble 8thfold path. The yin and yang.
----------
Consciousness and no-self explained in drawings: link
How stream entry is achieved. Mahasi / Zen understanding vs Sutta understanding: link

Mkoll

Postby Mkoll » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:18 pm

anthbrown84 wrote:Does anybody else feel really inspired by this?

I wouldn't say I feel inspired by the teaching of there being faith and Dhamma followers. A better word for me would be relieved. ;)
Namo tassa bhagavato arahato samma sambuddhassa

Return to “Discovering Theravāda”