Booklet for how to conduct a Buddhist Puja

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible in order to double-check alignment to Theravāda orthodoxy.
VictoryInTruth

Booklet for how to conduct a Buddhist Puja

Post by VictoryInTruth »

Dear Forum members... I am posting in order to see if any of you many know of an online store that sells booklets detailing how a Buddhist puja is conducted? There use to be a booklet called Daily Buddhist Devotionals that the Corporate Body of the Buddha in Taiwan use to offer for free but it is no longer available now. In my searching online I mainly get resources for Vajrayana Buddhist pujas and that isn't what I want.

If any of you could help me I would really appreciate it.

:anjali:
Cittasanto

Re: Booklet for how to conduct a Buddhist Puja

Post by Cittasanto »

have you thought of looking at the Forest sangha chanting book, or looking on Buddhanet in the Theravada section?
Blog, Suttas, Aj Chah, Facebook.

He who knows only his own side of the case knows little of that. His reasons may be good, and no one may have been able to refute them.
But if he is equally unable to refute the reasons on the opposite side, if he does not so much as know what they are, he has no ground for preferring either opinion …
He must be able to hear them from persons who actually believe them … he must know them in their most plausible and persuasive form.
John Stuart Mill
Aloka

Post by Aloka »

This is a link for the Amaravati Monastery chanting book:

http://www.amaravati.org/documents/ABM_ ... k_2006.pdf

With kind wishes,

Aloka
VictoryInTruth

Post by VictoryInTruth »

Thank you both for your recommendations but I have already come across these sites and links.

I prefer to have how to conduct a puja in book for as it is more convenient than to try to be looking at a computer screen and concentrating on doing the puja at the same time. I could print the puja from the recommended sites but it would take up too many pages. Thanks anyways. I'll continue with my search.

Sylvester

Post by Sylvester »

I think you're looking for this -

http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/vandana.pdf
Paribbajaka

Post by Paribbajaka »

Daily Buddhist Devotions was a wonderful little book. With that said, most if not all of the chanting from it can be found in the reccomendations you've been given. I'd also like to reccomend Bhante Gunaratana's Bhavana Vandana. There are free pdfs available online and if your prefer a bound copy you can have one made at lulu. It has the standard deviotional chanting in both pali and englush, and some very helpful essays by Bhante himself.
May all beings be happy!
VictoryInTruth

Post by VictoryInTruth »

Paribbajaka wrote:Daily Buddhist Devotions was a wonderful little book. With that said, most if not all of the chanting from it can be found in the reccomendations you've been given. I'd also like to reccomend Bhante Gunaratana's Bhavana Vandana. There are free pdfs available online and if your prefer a bound copy you can have one made at lulu. It has the standard deviotional chanting in both pali and englush, and some very helpful essays by Bhante himself.

Thank you for your suggestion. I never knew that you can have a bound book created at lulu. After doing more searching I finally found a used copy Daily Buddhist Devotions that I should be receiving within the next few days.

Again, my thanks to all who posted.