Books by Bhikkhu Pesala

A forum for beginners and members of other Buddhist traditions to ask questions about Theravāda (The Way of the Elders). Responses require moderator approval before they are visible in order to double-check alignment to Theravāda orthodoxy.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Books by Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Tomorrow, the full-moon day of Thursday 12th January is the anniversary of the Buddha's Parinibbāna. If you want to know why it is tomorrow, and not in May, read my Exposition of the Mahāparinibbāna Sutta.

I updated it after fixing a few typos, and other minor edits. It still needs some more work, but that will have to wait for another day.
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have updated my Introduction to Kamma with some illustrations from the Canon (not relying on the Commentaries, of which there are many examples in the Dhammapada and Jātaka Commentaries).
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

My free host are migrating their members to a new server, so my website was down for a few days. It is working again now. If you come across any broken links please let me know by email: pesala at aimwell dot org.

My AIM Website Mirror site is nearly always available if you're looking for something and cannot connect to aimwell.org.

The DPPN site is now fully uploaded.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The War on Error was updated on 11th September with a new section.

The Dhamma is Very Profound
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Please Note: My free web-host now imposes a daily sleep time, which I have set to start from 13:00 GMT.

Bookmark the Mirror Site, which is less likely to go offline.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

The War on Error was updated on 9/11/18 with a new section on The Right to Cause Offence

Perhaps someone could start a thread discussing the value of patience?
robertk

Post by robertk »

Bhikkhu Pesala wrote: Wed Oct 03, 2018 9:10 pm The War on Error was updated on 9/11/18 with a new section on The Right to Cause Offence

Perhaps someone could start a thread discussing the value of patience?
Thank you Venerable.

I opened a new topic here:
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=32876&p=488657#p488657
sentinel

Post by sentinel »

Attention to Pesala bhikkhu ,

Greetings ,

I am not sure if right to post it here , anyway ,
I would like to bring this to bhikkhu Pesala attention with regard to his books where in the "an explanation of rebirth" there is a Typo occurred .

<<Deaith-proximate kamma >>
You always gain by giving
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Disentangling the Tangle

A shorter version of the Visuddhimagga. :reading:
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Observing the Uposatha

In the Uposatha Sutta of the Gradual Sayings, Book of Threes, the Buddha teaches his leading female lay disciple, Visākhā, about the three kinds of Uposatha Observance, while dwelling at the monastery donated by her.
santa100

Post by santa100 »

:namaste:
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

Inedible

Post by Inedible »

Would it be possible to upload a zip archive of all the books / articles to download at once? I don't know how many MB it would take up, but I'd imagine it couldn't be over 100. I'd be willing to put it on my box.com account as a backup and put a link in this thread.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I regularly update the PDF files, so any archive could soon become out of date. I don't allow anyone to host the content for that reason, and providing an archive would make it easier for those who do not care about copyrights. If anyone visits the site, they will always get the most recent version.
Bhikkhu Pesala

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala »

I have recently updates all of my books.

Number typos and broken links have been fixed, and the quality of the PDF files have been improved.