Mahasi Sayadaw's "The Progress of Insight" in Pāli?

Explore the ancient language of the Tipitaka and Theravāda commentaries

Moderator: Mahavihara moderator

Sati1

Mahasi Sayadaw's "The Progress of Insight" in Pāli?

Post by Sati1 » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:25 pm

Hello,

Does anybody know where I could find the version in Pāli of Mahasi Sayadaw's "The Progress of Insight", as he originally wrote it? I am trying to get a better sense of the text that Nyanaponika used for his translation into English.

Many thanks,
Sati1
London, UK

----
"I do not perceive even one other thing, o monks, that when developed and cultivated entails such great happiness as the mind" (AN 1.10, transl. Ven. Bhikkhu Bodhi)
"So this spiritual life, monks, does not have gain, honor, and renown for its benefit, or the attainment of moral discipline for its benefit, or the attainment of concentration for its benefit, or knowledge and vision for its benefit. But it is this unshakable liberation of mind that is the goal of this spiritual life, its heartwood, and its end," (MN 29, transl. Ven Bhikkhu Bodhi)

Bhikkhu Pesala

Re: Mahasi Sayadaw's "The Progress of Insight" in Pāli?

Post by Bhikkhu Pesala » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:44 pm

Take a look at the attached. It's work in progress, that never got finished, but the Pāli is all there.

The archive contains an OpenOffice/LibreOffice document.
Attachments
Visuddhinanakatha.zip
(50.9 KiB) Downloaded 16 times
BlogPāli FontsIn This Very LifeBuddhist ChroniclesSoftware (Upasampadā: 24th June, 1979)

Sati1

Re: Mahasi Sayadaw's "The Progress of Insight" in Pāli?

Post by Sati1 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:04 am

Dear Ven. Pesala,

Many thanks for the file. I have opened it and started to use it.

Best wishes,
Sati1
London, UK

----
"I do not perceive even one other thing, o monks, that when developed and cultivated entails such great happiness as the mind" (AN 1.10, transl. Ven. Bhikkhu Bodhi)
"So this spiritual life, monks, does not have gain, honor, and renown for its benefit, or the attainment of moral discipline for its benefit, or the attainment of concentration for its benefit, or knowledge and vision for its benefit. But it is this unshakable liberation of mind that is the goal of this spiritual life, its heartwood, and its end," (MN 29, transl. Ven Bhikkhu Bodhi)