Does Anyone Know

Explore the ancient language of the Tipitaka and Theravāda commentaries
bhante dhamma

Does Anyone Know

Post by bhante dhamma »

Frienda in the Dhamma..
Just wondering if anyone can provide a link to a site that has answers to ven. naradas pali primer? i remember s.o giving it to me once but i cant find the post.. thnks
cooran

Re: Does Anyone Know

Post by cooran »

Have you been through our Pali Resources thread?

http://www.dhammawheel.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=950

with metta
Chris
---The trouble is that you think you have time---
---Worry is the Interest, paid in advance, on a debt you may never owe---
---It's not what happens to you in life that is important ~ it's what you do with it ---
bhante dhamma

Post by bhante dhamma »

Does anyone hava a sutta name for this quote?

“What do you think about this?” said the Lord. “What is the purpose of a mirror?” “It is for the purpose of reflection, sir”, replied Rahula. “Even so, an action to be done by body, speech or mind should only be done after careful reflection.”
Idappaccayata

Post by Idappaccayata »

bhante dhamma wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:23 pm Does anyone hava a sutta name for this quote?

“What do you think about this?” said the Lord. “What is the purpose of a mirror?” “It is for the purpose of reflection, sir”, replied Rahula. “Even so, an action to be done by body, speech or mind should only be done after careful reflection.”
MN 61 - instructions to rahula at mango stone
A dying man can only rely upon his wisdom, if he developed it. Wisdom is not dependent upon any phenomenon originated upon six senses. It is developed on the basis of the discernment of the same. That’s why when one’s senses start to wither and die, the knowledge of their nature remains unaffected. When there is no wisdom, there will be despair, in the face of death.

- Ajahn Nyanamoli Thero