Buddhists from Pakistan

Post sayings and stories you find interesting or useful.
Zom

Buddhists from Pakistan

Post by Zom »

Little is known about them, even in this country itself. But they do exist. :spy:

http://www.thefridaytimes.com/tft/meeti ... buddhists/

I wonder what kind of buddhists are they? Descendants of Sammitiya school? :reading:
Quite interesting.
dharmacorps

Re: Buddhists from Pakistan

Post by dharmacorps »

How interesting. Sounds to me like they are pretty careful about saying too much about how they practice or doing anything too openly which is sad to hear. :anjali:
LuisR

Post by LuisR »

Zom wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:42 pm Little is known about them, even in this country itself. But they do exist. :spy:

http://www.thefridaytimes.com/tft/meeti ... buddhists/

I wonder what kind of buddhists are they? Descendants of Sammitiya school? :reading:
Quite interesting.
Good question. What kind of buddhism is this??
Zom

Post by Zom »

Found some more pieces of information. VIDEO :thumbsup:

Pseudobabble

Post by Pseudobabble »

dharmacorps wrote: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:11 pm How interesting. Sounds to me like they are pretty careful about saying too much about how they practice or doing anything too openly which is sad to hear. :anjali:
Hardly surprising given the religious context..
"Does Master Gotama have any position at all?"

"A 'position,' Vaccha, is something that a Tathagata has done away with. What a Tathagata sees is this: 'Such is form, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is feeling, such its origination, such its disappearance; such is perception...such are fabrications...such is consciousness, such its origination, such its disappearance.'" - Aggi-Vacchagotta Sutta

'Dust thou art, and unto dust thou shalt return.' - Genesis 3:19

'Some fart freely, some try to hide and silence it. Which one is correct?' - Saegnapha
Manopubbangama

Post by Manopubbangama »

Very interesting.

Would also be interesting to know if there are any left in Afghanistan, as well.

As Afghanistan and Pakistan both have rich Buddhists histories, it doesn't surprise me that there would be a few holdouts.

Do they experience daily violence as the Coptic Christians do in Egypt?
lostitude

Post by lostitude »

Manopubbangama wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:14 pm Do they experience daily violence as the Coptic Christians do in Egypt?
Not wanting to hijack the topic but while Coptic Christians have been targeted by a number of terrorist attacks attributed to non-Egyptian organisations, they certainly do not face daily violence in Egypt...