'Thus it was in the past.' 'Thus it will be in the future.' 'Thus it is now in the present.'

Exploring the Dhamma, as understood from the perspective of the ancient Pali commentaries.
User1249x

'Thus it was in the past.' 'Thus it will be in the future.' 'Thus it is now in the present.'

Post by User1249x »

Welcome to The Seven+ Topics for Conversation Thread!
"You yourself having few wishes are to instigate talk on having few wishes among the other posters...

"You yourself being contented are to instigate talk on contentment among the other posters...

"You yourself being is secluded are to to instigates talk on seclusion among the other posters...

"You yourself being non-entangled are to instigate talk on non-entanglement among the other posters...

"You yourself having aroused persistence are to instigate talk on arousing persistence among the other posters...

"You yourself being is established in wholesome behavior are to instigate talk on being well established in wholesome behavior among the other posters...

"You yourself being having achieved gains in concentration are to instigate talk on gains in concentration among the other posters...
ITT we also discuss the concepts "Pañña" & "Nibbana" according to the Tipitaka.

These Guidelines Apply;
1. Give a categorical answer to a question deserving a categorical answer
2. Give an analytical answer to a question deserving an analytical answer
3. Give a counter-question to a question deserving a counter-question
4. Put aside a question deserving to be put aside

5. stand by what is possible and impossible
6. stand by agreed-upon assumptions
7. stand by teachings known to be true
8. stand by standard procedure (agreed upon among the participant parties)

9. Not to wander from one thing to another when asked a question
10. Not to pull the discussion off the topic when asked a question
11. Not to express anger & aversion and sulks

Further participants are encouraged to refrain from;
1. Putting down the questioner
2. Crushing the questioner
3. Ridiculing the questioner
4. Grasping at little mistakes
AN 3.67... it's through his way of participating in a discussion that a person can be known as fit to talk with or unfit to talk with. ...
Last edited by User1249x on Sun Mar 04, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 10 times in total.
User1249x

Re: 'Thus it was in the past.' 'Thus it will be in the future.' 'Thus it is now in the present.'

Post by User1249x »

Non-entanglement i have achieved some lately. I am all alone, no phone calls no nothing :D
It is scary because i have never achieved that in this way before but i have the forum to keep me concentrated on the Dhamma!
Soon i have to cut it tho and start training the good method
:anjali:
justindesilva

Re: 'Thus it was in the past.' 'Thus it will be in the future.' 'Thus it is now in the present.'

Post by justindesilva »

User1249x wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:36 pm Non-entanglement i have achieved some lately. I am all alone, no phone calls no nothing :D
It is scary because i have never achieved that in this way before but i have the forum to keep me concentrated on the Dhamma!
This reminds me of J. krishnamurthi, s remark that fear , anxiety and depression etc. arises by projecting the past in to the future and therefore live in the present ftom moment to moment. Very true in a buddistic sense. Applying this in life has become a golden rule in my life.
User1249x

Post by User1249x »

justindesilva wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:32 am
User1249x wrote: Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:36 pm Non-entanglement i have achieved some lately. I am all alone, no phone calls no nothing :D
This reminds me of J. krishnamurthi, s remark that fear , anxiety and depression etc. arises by projecting the past in to the future and therefore live in the present ftom moment to moment. Very true in a buddistic sense. Applying this in life has become a golden rule in my life.
I would like to discuss this in the appropriate section of the Forum, i guess that would be the "Connections to other Paths". Classical Theravada Sub is not the place for this as far as i know. Please do avoid instigating discussion of other paths itt
User1249x

Post by User1249x »

It feels good to be on the many training rules again, it feels much natural and different, a higher level.

Have been parking myself to meditate occasionally and want to set myself up to meditate more in future.

I find that being alone is the key at this point and avoiding influences of other people is essential.